Hello from Morayshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AlanG

Aug 24, 2022
Morayshire
Just thought i'd introduce myself to everyone.

My name is Alan and i live up in Morayshire, Scotland. At the moment i'm a farm manager but i spent 17 years in the RAF.

Been into wild camping / bushcrafting for many a year but took a break from it for a good decade or so. Sold just about all my gear so am now trying to get 'restocked' up again. Boy have prices increased!

I suffer with mental health issues and i have found that this helps to calm me down a lot and make me relax more. I've taken inspiration from many YT users, particularly Craig from East Anglia Bushcraft (he's also a top bloke to chat to).

So that's me. Sorry if any noob questions come out.

Al

Reactions: marko96 and Coach

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello Alan, and welcome to BcUK.

Ask away, you'll not be the only person interested in the question and the answers.

cheers,
Toddy

Reactions: AlanG

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Welcome. Be bold. Ask your questions. Autumn and winter were my outdoor seasons.
Based on polls in Uni lectures, if one student asks a question, there's every chance that 1/2 the class would like to know the answer.

As far as kit is concerned and stoves in particular, you will not find a better resource than right here in BCUK.

AlanG

Aug 24, 2022
Morayshire
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Just checking out some posts on here on various kit. Was looking into getting a DD travel bivi but see there could be issues regarding condensation. I would never had known this without this place! YT reviews fail to mention that.

At the moment i am not getting out that much as work commitments curtail it (joys of farming) but once i get some overnight kit i'll start going out more. At the moment i'm just getting out for and afternoon or so for a long chill and coffee

Coach

Banned
Oct 3, 2017
Uk
No such thing as a noob question. No one was born knowing it all. Can I recommend Wiltshire Man as a good calmer.

Oct 18, 2022
Ambois
Just thought i'd introduce myself to everyone.

My name is Alan and i live up in Morayshire, Scotland. At the moment i'm a farm manager but i spent 17 years in the RAF.

Been into wild camping / bushcrafting for many a year but took a break from it for a good decade or so. Sold just about all my gear so am now trying to get 'restocked' up again. Boy have prices increased!

I suffer with mental health issues and i have found that this helps to calm me down a lot and make me relax more. I've taken inspiration from many YT users, particularly Craig from East Anglia Bushcraft (he's also a top bloke to chat to).

So that's me. Sorry if any noob questions come out.

Al
Hi AlanG welcome mate, ex Royal here , and used to be a farmer we've just sold up our family farm but kept my woodland lol your right bushcrafting keeps you calm and saine, it does help I think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE