Introducing the 10-10-V woodburning stove!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Been desperate to share this with you (and it's not 100% finished) but made this over the last couple of weeks:

painted.jpg

Details here as otherwise it would be a bit pic-heavy...

What do you think?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I do like these DIY burners, must get round to having a go one day

Cracking job Spandit, looks the mutts

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
very impressive mate, i imagine that'd make a superb heater for a tent, and room to brew up is an added bonus

stuart

P

Passer

As a sheetmetal worker, I think you have done a great job. your stove works well (a damper in the flue will improve efficiency).
A little niggle,and it is little, studs sticking out the top are restricting what you can cook with, size wise.
Overall a very good job Imo.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
A little niggle,and it is little, studs sticking out the top are restricting what you can cook with, size wise.

Thanks for the feedback. I couldn't think of an easier way of attaching the top - the flue takes up most of the space anyway. Anything larger than a cup would be difficult to balance

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
what about a hinged semi circle of steel to enlarge the top area? can bolt on at the existing fixings and then fold inside for transport.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I really like that have you got the plans for the ammo box stove

No, it wasn't that complicated - it was used upside down with a thicker plate welded on the bottom (so it became the top), rear flue & a little door at the front. I'm sure jackcbr will post pictures in due course

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Thanks, everyone. I've just fitted a flue damper which should help. It's burning away at the moment - definitely a stout glove job!

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Nice one Robin.
I'll call round your basher on the next meet up and have a look.
Don't worry I wont be staying the night. :eek:

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Had it burning much of today - no smoke at all when it's really going. Need to redesign the door handle but otherwise it gave off good heat & was still warm when I came back after an hour & a half.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Now that is pretty cool, nice workmanship too, [I'm very bad at knocking things up they always seem a bit too rustic].

good that it all packs up, does it glow red when really going??.

I can't help but think of the yukon? fire box [not sure if thats the one I'm thinking of] but a cylinder turned on it's side with a flat top - so looking straight at the door it looks a bit like a D turned 90 clockwise - this may give more 'top plate' for cooking etc. Or if you could arrange a back exiting exhaust which would leave the top clear of pipe.

Anyway NICE job, it'll be good to see the other two...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE