Into the Wild - Heads Up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just saw that Into the Wild is starting on Film 4 shortly if anyone is interested.

Its the story of Chris McCandless who wanted to abandon modern life and travelled across the US, eventually ending up living in Alaska.

Sean Penn's fact-based drama, based on the true story of Chris McCandless, who decided to abandon the trappings of modern life in favour of living in the wilderness. Giving away all his money and possessions, he embarked on a journey across America, intending to settle in the wilds of Alaska. However, he proved ill-prepared for the challenges he would have to face. Starring Emile Hirsch, Marcia Gay Harden and William Hurt

Last edited:

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
Just saw that Into the Wild is starting on Film 4 shortly if anyone is interested.

Its the story of Chris McCandless who wanted to abandon modern life and travelled across the US, eventually ending up living in Alaska.

Sean Penn's fact-based drama, based on the true story of Chris McCandless, who decided to abandon the trappings of modern life in favour of living in the wilderness. Giving away all his money and possessions, he embarked on a journey across America, intending to settle in the wilds of Alaska. However, he proved ill-prepared for the challenges he would have to face. Starring Emile Hirsch, Marcia Gay Harden and William Hurt

Not a bad film but as always the book is better

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
hahaha,.....yeah,. he had mental issues as i understand,....and his pride and stoicism was his downfall in the end ,..but saying that,...

its still a well directed and provocative film i reckon,....

it opened up a good few hours conversation round mine one night,....

although a bottle of Jose Cuervo helped a bit too i think,....

Stu

Last edited:

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I think this is one of the best made films I have ever seen. Sean Penn is an outstanding director.

Mila was better in Fifth Element, in the wraps. BIG bada boom.

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I can't find the link now but I once read a very interesting article on McCandless. It's a myth that he died of poisoning after misidentifying his wild foods. There is absolutely no evidence to support that. He died because he ran out of food after becoming trapped. Poisoning makes a better story, it's as simple as that. Try to not be too hard on him.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
I can't find the link now but I once read a very interesting article on McCandless. It's a myth that he died of poisoning after misidentifying his wild foods. There is absolutely no evidence to support that. He died because he ran out of food after becoming trapped. Poisoning makes a better story, it's as simple as that. Try to not be too hard on him.

I was told a story from a `local` guy in fairbanks (alaska)-that he ate the wrong type of mushrooms that look very similar to each other , one good ,one bad !!!

hey ho !!! at least he died trying to live the dream !!! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE