Interview with Mr Mears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Interesting read but a bit Yeti like in the photo.

I think you get what he means in the last paragraph Beermonster. I would liken it to people who pay £50,000 to climb Everest if you have the money you can do anything these days with no experience. Climbing like that used to be only possible after a long apprenticeship in Britain, Europe or America you couldn't just turn up with the cash and climb the higest (if not most technical) mountain in the world and the result is far more deaths caused in part by clients not accepting advice to decend because it means no summit and £50,000 is a lot of cash to waste in their eyes.

Bill

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This interview is quite a few years old now. It would be good to have a more modern one that reflected the work he's been doing the last while..

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Interesting read that.Can anyone else remember a show where Ray was in Mongolia and he wrestled some Mongolian wrestling chappies on the plains, Mears used his old judo skills and kicked jacksie.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Do you think that Ray has ever visited here? He must have at some point...even a lurker :shock: :wink:

Would be very interesting. Perhaps i'll ask when i do my course ( :eek:): ).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE