Interesting survival article

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Lol...yer, it may well have been "Think"....there's so many of them it's hard to keep up!

The US army teaches SURVIVAL as per below....

S Size Up the Situation
(Surroundings, Physical Condition, Equipment)

U Use All Your Senses, Undue Haste Makes Waste

R Remember Where You Are

V Vanquish Fear and Panic

I Improvise

V Value Living

A Act Like the Natives

L Live by Your Wits, But for Now, Learn Basic Skills

chris chris

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 25, 2004
keswick
PLAN has allways worked for me - keeping it simple. :biggthump

As for calling people gentlemen, I am just being polite and non-judgemental as this site is viewed by a lot of young adults, I feel that being derogatory isn't positive.

Chris

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
bambodoggy said:
I totally agree about the initial panic too, I think it's RM that advocates the "STOP" approach to survival (although others will no doubt have their own ways to remember this):
S - Stop...don't panic/calm down.
T -
O - Orientate yourself to where you are.
P - Plan, what are you doing next.
Wups.....Phil the Muppet has forgotten "T"...lol.....anyone want to fill it it??? :oops:

I'm with Kate, I think it's Think :eek:):
Although Tea would be a nice option aswell :nana: - Because that's what you Brits are famous for :wink: And because you can't think clear on a empty stomach (have a slice of Survivalcake with your tea), plus ... it's just a good moral booster.

A good combination with Stop though!

leon-1

Ahjno said:
I'm with Kate, I think it's Think :eek:):
Although Tea would be a nice option aswell :nana: - Because that's what you Brits are famous for :wink: And because you can't think clear on a empty stomach (have a slice of Survivalcake with your tea), plus ... it's just a good moral booster.

A good combination with Stop though!

"There is no trouble so great or grave that cannot be diminished by a nice cup of tea"
Quote Bernard-Paul Heroux

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
chris said:
As for calling people gentlemen, I am just being polite and non-judgemental as this site is viewed by a lot of young adults, I feel that being derogatory isn't positive.

Chris

Sorry Chris...I was only pulling your leg...I knew what you meant Mate :wave:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE