Instructors required

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lodian

Nomad
May 23, 2007
Peterhead, Aberdeenshire
Hi,
As if mentioned in a post somewere im currently organising a cadet exercise in july 2007, im looking for people who are in the uk militry who might be intrested in helping if the exercise was to go to plan. Preferably instructors but beggers can't be choosers.
Thanks Ryan

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Might also be useful if these instructors have an up to date CRB clearance to work with young people.

LS

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
best organise well in advance for crb checks then they can take up to 8 weeks and beyond .
may have improved by now but i remember a few years ago i had work comming out of my ears due to an employer waiting for crb checks to return and i was part of a handful of people who already had theres
if you know the people very well for some time i think you can go ahead with just a risk assesment on them - well that use to be the case ive been out of the loop for a while now .
but certainly be aware of the time it can take to get the turn around on the crbs - also again im not sure on the way it works now but each crb will cost money to do too

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
I work with the other end of the scale (Older People) after many years working with the most difficult YP's in the country. Not only was it satisfying but enlightening, especially after being one of the worst myself.

The thing is, when you have been bad, or worked with some client groups; you realise that it takes only one day to commit an offence that can affect your entire life. For that reason CRB's are only valid for 12 months, and they are only applicable to the employer that applied for them, they should not be transferred. The reason for this is to ensure that each employer is carrying out the correct vetting for each of their staff. You will require an enhanced disclosure, for every staff member who will have any form of contact with a young person, even the cooks, and drivers.

I know its an awful lot of red tape, but better to provide excellence in a safe environment, than have the risk of one incident in your organisation.

Good luck with your Cadets, I hope they have as fulfilling and enjoyable time as I did when I was part of the cadets 16 years ago.

May the Force be with you. :rolleyes: :)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
A CRB costs around forty quid a time, unless it is a volountary organisation.
The validity of them varies from organisation to organisation/company.It depends on the rules of the organisation on wether they can be transferred or not, ie Scouts will only recognise one they have applied for themselves, but I have used my scout CRB for a job. It is best practice for a company to register and apply for their own CRB checks but not always practical(agencies etc). The CRB doesn't have a run out date as such it depends, again, on company/organisation policy.

John Dixon

Forager
May 2, 2006
Cheshire
Just a mention CRB,s are not tranferable from one organisation to another you can spead the process up by REquisting a POVA/POCA First check but you will have to request that once there aplication has been recieved by the CRB.Tou will need to qoute the refference number off the top right hand side ALL CRB,s are now done under umbrella organisations. I.e places which complete more than 50 crb's a year. this has slowed the system down recently. The Cadet services should be an umbrella orgaisation or you can contact the local Child Protection officer in the local goverment for assisstance. good luck..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE