Instant tea?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
Instant tea, like instant coffee is an abomination. It seesm to me that everyone that drinks it has to add milk/cream and sugar to mask the appalling flavour. Decent tea, or coffee stands on its own so that you can really taste the richness of the flavour. Imagine, it's the same as saying your beer is too "beery" and having to add cream and sugar to make it palatable by destroying the essential beer flavour. That would also be an abomination, as I am sure all here would agree.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Who'd a thunk it, still not the first time. I remember hearing a couple of boats talking over the VHF years back, whilst we were steaming south out of the minch, "Who's that stood off that point?" "Ach, thats yer man he's been there for a couple of days now" crackle crackle, "Aye, probably at the drug smuggling". Sure enough, a year or so later one of the fellows in question, out of Ullapool, was jailed for coke smuggling.

For what it's worth I wouldn't have been happy shooting gear with a skipper with one eye on the pot and the other on the instant tea either :eek:

The only instant tea I've had has been truly awful, but I can completely understand the need for a home comfort out in the field, especially on a drafty day. Recently I've started drinking very weak (couldn't call it black) earl grey when up out and about and I'm finding it surprisingly acceptable. I'm another non milk taker mind but if you'd told me a couple of years ago that I'd be up the hill brewing very weak earl grey the following year I'd have laughed.

Yes - drugs are shipped in through the West coast. Busts have been made, and presumably a lot more get through undetected. I have personally seen dangerous looking guys who I reckon were Colombian in Broadford, Skye in the past. They are known to supervise operations at both ends. The police do seem to have an uncanny ability to intercept shipments though - loose lips down the pub probably. They should stick to tea... Preferably not instant.

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Yes - drugs are shipped in through the West coast. Busts have been made, and presumably a lot more get through undetected. I have personally seen dangerous looking guys who I reckon were Colombian in Broadford, Skye in the past. They are known to supervise operations at both ends. The police do seem to have an uncanny ability to intercept shipments though - loose lips down the pub probably. They should stick to tea... Preferably not instant.

Thats what you get for hanging out in the Anvil bar ;)

Satellite tracking usually, from departure to arrival.

Ronnie

Settler
Oct 7, 2010
Highland
Thats what you get for hanging out in the Anvil bar ;)

Satellite tracking usually, from departure to arrival.

The trick the Galwad-y-Mor pulled was to have a ship drop the gear, presumably without changing speed or course. I've worked with those boys in the English channel, and there are massive **** off ships everywhere. The fishing boat then came up and haled the drugs up as if they were just another string of pots. Radar tracking wouldn't help you in this circumstance, without prior information.

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
My Colombian friend usually brings back some good gear after her trips home, useful if we've ran out of Yorkshire tea.

This is the tea and coffee discussion isn't it?!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE