I'm sure there will be many threads about it but...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big T

Aug 12, 2011
Middlesbrough
I am looking for threads on cooking rigs to suspend pots over fire. I am running a leaders training weekend and we are going to try some new methods. I am sure there are loads on this excellent forum but I can't seem to find them. Would appreciate links to any, especially photo filled ones. Thanks in advance.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
There's a thread on here somewhere (darned if I can find it) about campfire cooking setup's...

I remember there being some good piccy's of various arrangements. Maybe someone will remember the name :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
George ran a "show & tell" at the Moot last year, with many wonderful devices on show - I can't find the photos that he posted but I'm sure they are around somewhere.

I'll look further later on

Ogri the trog

Big T

Aug 12, 2011
Middlesbrough
I was at the show and tell and was hoping to find those photos.

That hang a pot link was exactly what I was looking for, thanks Biker.

Thanks all for the help.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
You might like this one.

French_Windlass.jpg

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
That's very cool and so very obviously simple (not that I would have realised it)... and noted :)

Loving the pot hanger! Is that vine of some sorts?

Last edited:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Martyn posted it in the wrong thread, so here it is. (above)

Interesting viewing it was too, the ingenuity of some people here just makes my mind boggle. Well impressed with the results.

Thank you mate and well spotted. I must've had a senior moment. :D

It's a 5 year old thread and a lot of the pictures have vanished, which is a shame, there were some really clever hangers which you cant see that exploited physics in some genuinely ingenious ways.

This was one of my favourites, it just uses gravity to hold the arm on the upright. It's infinitely adjustable up or down and swings off the fire when needed....

attachment.php

Principle...

pothanger.jpg

L2hvbWUvc2l0ZXMvd2lsZHBhdGguY28udWsvcHVibGljX2h0bWwvaW1hZ2VzL3N0b3JpZXMvcG90aGFuZ2VyMDIuanBn.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE