I'm new

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Welcome to the forum,
Sorry your first experience was not a good one.
Hang around a while and I promise you'll see that there are lots of nice, genuine, and generous people here.
Problem was the issue of "RM Woodlore knife...value for money or not?" is such a hot potato on the forum, it always causes a bit of a thrashing about.
Stick with it, there's lots you can learn here.
When it comes to archaeology, well that's a noble academic pursuit, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
Hello and welcome to the site! Firstly there are far more good people on here than bad and it's definitely worth the effort in hanging around, not too long ago I asked if anyone had any information on a piece of kit, and someone on here who I had never spoken to volunteered to make me one from scratch and post it to me for free! I was a single dad to my eldest for his early years (six month til he was five years, he's just turned eighteen now and is getting ready to join the army this winter) and I realise how difficult it is to do anything other than 'just be dad' (and mom too....) so I have to say full respect to ya for holding that down as well as a respectable profession (IMHO).

This site doesn't make you take a test, get references or anything like that so it's inevitable that there will be a small number of 'loud mouth yobs' or their online equivalent, but don't let that put you off, this is a great site if you just ignore the dross and naysayers

Calculon

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2008
Old South Wales
What is wrong with you people, you dont know me, you are not in a position to judge me, how many of you are single fathers who are trying to raise is three year old, work and actually have a life!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Antonio
I have some sympathy for you as I had to raise my 3 kids on my own whilst working full time.

Perhaps if you had made your intention not to sell your knife earlier on the thread, it might have been better for you.

Anyhoo, welcome to the forum & let's move on :D

Calc

Jun 26, 2009
Bolsover
Thankyou all,
My interests in archaeology lie in early man, there hunting patterns and daily life, I live about three miles from cresswell craggs, this is one of the most important sites in the uk that has provided proof of how earlyman lived, what they believed in and what they hunted, suprisingly alot of what they hunted is now extinct in europe but look towards africa and you will still find the type of creature they hunted, ie Big cats, elephant, rhino, remember that at one time the Uk was not an island it was a very very big land mass inside the equator.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Welcome Antonino Sorry you had a bad start here on bcuk, I have been using this site for a while now and find all the people I have come into contact with to be great folks and really helpful. I hope you go on to find the same. If you are ever up for a wander in the peaks I work for myslef and from home so a day walk would be cool.

Have fun.

Andy

cappi

Life Member
Nov 15, 2008
hautes pyrenees,france
hi and welcome, i followed the add of the knife,it was suspect, but buy standing your ground,it shows you hav`nt run away,a lot of people know nobody by face and as time goes on you will make i`m sure many friends,and if not you can have your two pennies worth whilst in the comfort of you own home,you passed the test,after all i had a slapped bottom the other day.

to forgive gives all the rewards money cannot buy

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Mate,

After a few months on the site, you'll get to realise that there are a number of words/phrases that will cause instant and emotional response:

Ray Mears
Woodlore Knife
Bear Grylls
Hammock
Tarp
Knife Law
Hunting

Sad but true...

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Mate,

After a few months on the site, you'll get to realise that there are a number of words/phrases that will cause instant and emotional response:

Ray Mears
Woodlore Knife
Bear Grylls
Hammock
Tarp
Knife Law
Hunting

Sad but true...

You omitted 'ventile' :D

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Hi Antonio.

The forum has had a rough year with some major bustups and falling outs recently.

As people have said there are regular spammers but also some other with more mischievous intents.

I think you fell foul of suspicions that have certainly been running high of late.

There is an old Zen tale I once heard.....

One day the learned Zen monk Tanzan and a young monk were traveling to a shrine. On their journey they happened upon a river where a bridge had collapsed.

They met there a young lady in a beautiful kimono who was in distress because she could not cross the river without spoiling her robes.

Tanzan said to the young lady, "let me carry you across." whereupon he picked the woman up and carried her across the river.

The two monks then continued on their journey for the rest of the day.

Eventually the young monk could contain himself no longer, "I was taught that women were a great distraction and we monks were supposed to avoid them. Why did you pick up that woman by the river?"

Tanzan replied," I put the woman down by the side of the river. Are you still carrying her?"......

I think it's about time some people stopped carrying old suspicions and regained some of the welcoming spirit that attracted me to this site when I joined.

If you get you meet up off the ground I am certainly up for it if the time is right.

Welcome to the forum.

D

Deleted dude 7861

I kinda know how you feel about negative responses on websites! I joined up a well known site a while back as I was feeling pretty lonely, basically for the past 5 years after a relationship split my world has disappeared and there's just me, friends have all moved on etc, etc you get the picture.... billy-no-mates and workaholic :( Well I decided to join up and hopefully meet some like minded people who enjoy the outdoors.

I was chatting away and mentioned I didn't take a map and compass when out and oh my goodness did I get some negative and quite nasty replies. It really put me off as nobody even knew the circumstances of where I used to go etc, etc. (Maybe I shouldn't mention that for fear of another backlash of comments??? lol)

Sadly you will get some really negative people wherever you go but don't lose hope there are nice people who are calm and understanding about you just need to never take it personally.

I'm afraid I'm still extremely cautious of people and please don't end up like me :lmao::lmao:

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I think the issue was just that, as has been said, it looked a bit too good to be true, and people thought it wasn't - it was nowt personal, I'm sure, and I certainly wouldn't say people were trying to bully you.

For the record I don't use a compass or map either, if I was lost I'd be lucky if I could find myself on a map anyway! I get a rough direction from the sun, and that does me...

Pete

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I think the issue was just that, as has been said, it looked a bit too good to be true, and people thought it wasn't - it was nowt personal, I'm sure, and I certainly wouldn't say people were trying to bully you.

For the record I don't use a compass or map either, if I was lost I'd be lucky if I could find myself on a map anyway! I get a rough direction from the sun, and that does me...

Pete

Another real man. Our numbers are growing :D However, I have got many compasses and use the Ranger 16, but that's only so I can use the mirror. You never know when you may bump into some ladies in the bush.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
You never know when you may bump into some ladies bush.

fixed that for you :nana:
welcome to the forums antonio, i will admit i was a little wary of your ad but as someone else said on here theres too many scammers operating these days and your generous price on the woodlore raised a few eyebrows.
but lifes too short to worry about such trivial matters :)
i hope your trip to finland goes well, i would love to go to watch the rallying personally.

jontok

Tenderfoot
Jul 2, 2009
Norway
Hi Antonino!
Ironically I'm going to use my first post to welcome you to the forum!
I've been lurking here for a while, and I can tell you that the guys & gals here are a really great bunch!
Hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!

Anyhow.... Where in Norway are you planing on going? If it's near Kristiansand (in the south of Norway) you can always crash at my place... If there is anything you would like to know before coming here, just send me a mail at: jontok AT yahoo DOT com

m.durston: Norway is NOT the capitol of Finland! Amazeing how many people get that wrong... :) :) :)

-Jontok

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE