I'm back!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Haha!! I've found a way onto BCUK!! Hi everyone, Spamel here reporting for duty. Just a quick hello to say that I am safe and well, burning to death in the intense heat of Iraq!! Thanks to MBM for contacting me, my wife sent him a mail as I couldn't get onto here or BB. MBM, you've got mail!

There is very little to report from a bushcrafting point of view as there isn't a bush in sight!! Maybe I could do a review on building sandcastles!!

Thanks to everyone for your support before I left, I'll keep reading the forums when I can and will post if I can add anything useful.

Speak soon friends

:You_Rock_

Spamel

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
There is very little to report from a bushcrafting point of view as there isn't a bush in sight!! Maybe I could do a review on building sandcastles!!

Spamel[/QUOTE]

Try making one of those solar still yokes for emergency water procurement in the desert. If it works - buy yourself a pint and I will reimbures you subsequently . ;)

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Glad to hear its going ok over there .
As for bushcraft , I remember seeing some of the sand sculptures the sand man did on weymouth beach , so how about a giant BCUK symbol ?
We could always start a thread of where BCUK members have been and constructed the badge from natural materials !
Take care
Pumbaa

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You've got sunshine and sand.....it's poured here so much that my goldfish think the lawn is a new waterfeature......and you've got sunshine :rolleyes:
Wayland has officially renamed the Northern Meet the Mud Meet, :D :lmao: I saw some of them.....put it this way, if we need a new camouflage for bushcrafters in the uk, kit photos of the weekend will do for research! ;)
Happy hallowe'en......did I mention sunshine??
Seriously, good to hear you can still put in your tuppence worth :) Keep your head down.
Cheers,
Toddy

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
rich59 said:
I don't think we should let you off with the excuse of no bushes! The wild is "the bush"! There is apparently a whole load of skills useful to desert bushcraft.

See http://www.desertusa.com/mag99/mar/stories/desertsur.html

I hope to hear you riding bareback camel and learning skills from the locals.

Here's an interesting fact from that link:

blowfire.jpg

Phew, that is a relief! I really didn't expect that to be the case. I mean, all those thousands of years of us doing absolutely EVERYTHING round the cave and you'd have thought they'd at least have had a go before... :rolleyes:

(Please note, I am only joking! :nana: )

Gail

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2005
Surrey
hey Spam

Coool ! Sent you an email some time back - no response was the loud reply :( ANYHOW won't bear any grudges :eek: !!

Keep safe buddy

Gail

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE