Im Back!!!!

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Hello all, well as the title said im now back from Afghanistan, after an eventful nearly 7 moths of being away im now back with wifey and little man, he has grown so much and i have not seen him for about 5 months, he does not know me to well after not seeing me for so long, but he has come round very well so far, he still goes to mum first though, but all in good time, all in good time.

being back in the uk is very strange, for one thing its bloomin cold, im used to 20-25 centigrade and i miss my pistol very much, its not been more than an arms length away from me in 7 months, it became part of me almost, everything has more colour too, not just brown..lol..;)

thank you to all the people who sent parcels out to myself for entertainment and food bits to the lads, many thanks, it does make all the differance, especially the younger lads, having done 4 tours of Afghan now im an old hand at this...

well its good to be back see the family and to get some well deserved time off, maybe even some bushey time, if im very lucky but family first....:):):):):)

most of all i must mention the families and friends of the 8 people who payed the ultimate price this tour, my thoughts are with you and our fallen friends always.

take care everyone and regards to all.

chris.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Welcome back.
Dont worry about the littleun going to mum first ,thats normal . I have been at home for the last year looking after my daughter everyday and she still gos to mum first :) Oh well not fer much longer then I will be back at work :)

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Welcome back and thank you. My prayeres are with the families of those who didn't make it and with those still deployed.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Welcome home :D

So very glad you are safe, and so very sorry for those whose families are grieving.

The wee fellow will come round; Daddy is always special, even when Mum is still the centre of the world.

:grouphug:
Mary

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Welcome home mate it'll be a big relief for your family look forward to a catch up when you get sorted and the wifes sick of you been home ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Welcome back,

Good your back safe and sound, sorry for those who didn't come back. All respect to you all for an important and difficult job.

All the best and enjoy your time home,
GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE