I'm a rubbish prepper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Don't think paint ball qualifies as any type weapon (lethal or non-lethal) Usually non-lethal refers to impacy weapons such as police batons or pepper spray or tazers.

depends what you put in them.... I have got a load of reballs (indoor rubber reusable balls), turn the makers up to 350+ fps, and they will dam hurt........

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
depends what you put in them.... I have got a load of reballs (indoor rubber reusable balls), turn the makers up to 350+ fps, and they will dam hurt........

LOL. So will the paintballs if you freeze them first. Not that I've ever done that.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
LOL. So will the paintballs if you freeze them first. Not that I've ever done that.

Na nor have i but i have got hold of a couple of ball bearings of the right diameter and shot them out of one of the older makers, and that
caused a nice hole in the shed wall, lol. all in the name of experimentation that is.

I wish we had the freedom the USA has with firearms.....

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
23 here- big shop for xmas tomorrow would see that go higher.

Is it me or was there frighteningly little about skill in there (or is that the quiz's idea of prepper - all the gear and no idea?).

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
yeah, comes from old nuke stuff ... are we still worried about nukes ??? If it's sun spots you're b---ered (oops! that was almost a pun :lmao:)

Actually I'm a bit worried about nukes. Not so much from the established nations as was the fear during the early Cold War. But rather realize that in the 1970s a college student with a D average (the lowest passing grade over here) did a paper on building a nuclear bomb for extra credit. He found enough unclassified data in his research to complete the paper which was subsequently classified.

There's only a small problem preventing a terrorist from doing the same thing, the lack of ability to obtain the nuclear material. And there is a frightening amount of that unaccounted for around the world.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Well I've scored 50 and that was straight off, note to self, must pack more food and ammo, will the police accept my score for a reason to have more rounds on my ticket

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I scored 41, and will survive for 2-4 months - apparently :)

Need to stock up on the food though, or buy a gun :AR15firin

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
51 and survive 6-8 months but surely by then other means of living/surviving would emerge unless we are talking about a total nuclear wasteland. Even the government might have inaugurated a rationing scheme (hint, become a ration doler outer or a special constable/block warden).

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
56 here and I'm no prepper.

The water storage, renewable food and rural location scored high, security was low.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE