I'm a rubbish prepper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
56 - no weapons and I don't do canned meals !!! Oh and I've no bug-out place as I'm actually living in it! And I've no bug-out vehicle - sigh! However, I think my chances are quite good as I don't agree with their premises on what's needed for survivial. And anyway, i call it living :lmao:

Surely you get mucho bonus points for having pre-bugged out so far ahead of time?

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Hmmm 48, but apparently I NEED to buy a gun - I did have a catapult [from last years secret santa] - but the kids have nicked that:(

I did feel justified in putting down night vision and fortification surveillance because I have 4 dogs.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
I got a 15 :(

Prepping is expensive.

Ideologically at least I believe in being prepared. Financially however we just don't have the money at the moment.

A while back we had the beginnings of a halfway decent survival stash in the house with 2 months worth of food stored. Then we went through a financially really rough patch and ate it all ;)

Still I suppose we had prepped to see us through problems, and that is what it achieved.

These days we usually try to keep a few weeks worth of food in the house, but are not actively prepping.

If and when we have the money, I wouldn't be surprised if we had fallout shelters and NBC suits galore :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
..... we went through a financially really rough patch and ate it all ;)

Still I suppose we had prepped to see us through problems, and that is what it achieved.

Exactly that - bad weather, tough times, rough economy, sick and can't go out..........these are the things that being self reliant get you over.

With running our own business, having a load of fireweood, the lpg tank and freezers full and the garden planted is a great feeling..no work? No problem!

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
The only reason I scored as high as I have is due to living near a spring, having means to heat the house and cook while off the grid and having a limitless supply of wood:)

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
That's what the inhabitants of Easter Island thought too.

No they didn't. They knew fine well what they were doing.

One day someone went out and cut down the very last tree so they could build one last giant statue. They probably thought they shouldn't do it, but the construction of those monuments was a national obsession that had completely overtaken their culture.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE