Ignore Function

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Since the latest upgrade to the forum software i've noticed that the functionality of the "Ignore" function has become sporadic, sometimes it works and posts from people i choose to ignore are hidden away as they used to be, but ten minutes later none of the peoples posts whom i choose to ignore are hidden, yet later in the day they are hidden away again.

Thought i'd make you aware.

Reactions: dwardo

Grebby

Life Member
Jul 16, 2008
Sutton Coldfield
Hi Tony. Did you manage to find out what was happening.

I'm currently having similar issues. I have some members on my ignore list but sometimes their posts get through. If I come back to the same thread a few mins later then I don't get to see their posts (as wanted).
I do have some screenshots showing this but they obviously would identify the inhabitants of my ignore list.

Cheers
Grebby

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Umm, that's a bit weird Grebby, the only thing I can think of is there's a lag somewhere so that it's not refreshing properly. I'll have a look but there's nothing off the top of my head that fits...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
@Grebby

Another member has had an issue this week with something working on one part but not the other. It didn't make sense so he logged out, and then back in again, and then he re-set his permissions in his profile. That certainly seems to have fixed part of his problem.

Might be worth a try having a look at your own and re-setting them.

M

Reactions: Wandering Fred

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Since the latest upgrade to the forum software i've noticed that the functionality of the "Ignore" function has become sporadic, sometimes it works and posts from people i choose to ignore are hidden away as they used to be, but ten minutes later none of the peoples posts whom i choose to ignore are hidden, yet later in the day they are hidden away again.

Thought i'd make you aware.
I can’t believe it’s been over a year and no one has replied to your post.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
What post?

Looked into this a couple of times and can't nail down what's causing the issue, we've had a couple of updates to the system which might have helped.
Iv'e not been able to replicate the issue which is also a pain...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE