I want to make a sling bow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Hi all,
i understand that you cannot bow hunt in the uk but thought it might be fun to make a sling bow for target practice!
i understand you need a whisker biscuit and i have a new black widow sling shot, my question is where in he uk can i buy one of these whisker biscuits from thats not going to cost me a second mortgage?
thanks
si

blackfeather

Settler
Jun 13, 2010
west yorkshire
whats a whisker biscuit?????

Hi all,
i understand that you cannot bow hunt in the uk but thought it might be fun to make a sling bow for target practice!
i understand you need a whisker biscuit and i have a new black widow sling shot, my question is where in he uk can i buy one of these whisker biscuits from thats not going to cost me a second mortgage?
thanks
si

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Lol, i believe its a archery term for a bow attachment you can buy to line up an arrow, but these can be strapped to a sling shot to hold the arrow central so you can fire it from your sling shot.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi all,
thanks
si

I would imagine a bit of wire with a hoop or even a half moon kind of shape would do it. Any catty you could add this too would do.

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Yes i guess you could but this bit of kit once in place makes it so you can flip the whisker biscuit down so the sling shot cn be used as normal or flipped back up o shoot arrows

rg598

Native
A whisker biscuit is a plastic ring with a section cut out to allow the arrow to be slid in from the side. On the inside of the ring there hairs/whiskers that create a center hole the diameter of the arrow. That way the arrow is held in place while the hairs will part to allow the stabilizers to get through. You can use an O-ring to do the same thing. It will just be harder to thread the arrow.

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
I'm sure I've seen Dave Canterbury in one of his pathfinder videos on YouTube doing something similar, give it a look.
If I was better at this technology then I would have posted the link :confused:

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
The problem is on dave canterburys site is he sells all the componants for a sling bow, but they cannot send them out to he uk as it will not go through customs!! No more dangerous than a long bow or crossbow that you can buy in our country imo!!

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
Yes I thought it would be enough to get you thinking of ways to overcome your problem, I did not think of you buying stuff from overseas.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
The problem is on dave canterburys site is he sells all the componants for a sling bow, but they cannot send them out to he uk as it will not go through customs!! No more dangerous than a long bow or crossbow that you can buy in our country imo!!

why ever not? The componants aren't illegal where have you heard they won't get through customs

unless DC sends the stuff with a enjoy slaughtering the queens swans with this cover letter I can't see customs giving it a second look

how would a couple of odd looking bits of plastic and some rubber tubing be illegal
View attachment 12962

As for wiskerbiscuits any of the online bow retailers can get them - just need to tell them what size arrows you want to shoot

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE