I,m knackered !

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
That was my third shift stripping roughcast of a two story house with a Hilti breaker !Absolute barbaric work not been so done in for a while ,Feel as though i,ve done a couple o rounds with iron Mike lol Anyone used these for a period?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oooh ouch :(

I saw two men clean off the house across the road using these. It took them days, and it took a week before their hands felt normal again when they were done :sigh:
Best of luck with it :)

cheers,
M

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Yep the hands are sore as is everything else ,your right Jason saying about the grip i was using one arm to rest the breaker on and pushing it with the heel of my hand or my leg.I,ve just had a couple of painkillers and my big memory foam mattress is shouting me up for a cuddle haha.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Yep the hands are sore as is everything else ,your right Jason saying about the grip i was using one arm to rest the breaker on and pushing it with the heel of my hand or my leg.I,ve just had a couple of painkillers and my big memory foam mattress is shouting me up for a cuddle haha.

If your not used to it its not easy at all ,and even when you are its still hard graft ,if your hands are getting sore get them into some ice water it helps with the swelling
Another tip is dont try to take to much off at once ,wee bits at a time takes less effort and you will get there just as fast .Good luck bud

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Could u ever get used to this ,Thats me finished for now i,m going for an easier bit of graft ha.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
You had the sunshine for it, all the way to Girvin eyes blinking from the glare. Soon as i crest the 77 towards Nitshill Glasgow was greyer than Mordor.
Already mentioned Ice cold water for the hands, dont neglect all your arm muscles and upper body.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
You had the sunshine for it, all the way to Girvin eyes blinking from the glare. Soon as i crest the 77 towards Nitshill Glasgow was greyer than Mordor.
Already mentioned Ice cold water for the hands, dont neglect all your arm muscles and upper body.

you would have passed me i was working in souter jonnies toon Kirkoswald.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Once used a jack hammer for weeks on end levelling out raised concrete beds from a piggery. For light relief we could use a gas axe to cut out farrowing crates.

Watch out for hand arm vibration -HSE is fairly hot on it around here.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
I once spent three days taking concrete rendering off brick walls with one.I killed the Damned thing in the end!Burnt the motor out.Then i had to use one that must have weighed close to 30lb so i rigged a shoulder strap type thing to it.I still had claw like hands afterwards :)

I feel your pain :D

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Any guesses to how my name was given Gill :D
I had 15yrs, above, below ground, horizontal vertical and inverted time using hand chisels, electric, air and hydraulic jack hammers and drills.

It seems like a long time ago now, but my thumbs will never reach my little fingers ever again..... Thanks to claw lol
1f6a5b91-82be-6687.jpg

Oh how proud I was lol
1f6a5b91-834c-3c4e.jpg

Then there's my uneven traps.... But the 'hunchtrap of notredam' is another story :banghead:
So I can empathise with you buddy.... Ale n malt is your friend lol
1f6a5b91-8454-eff8.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Cool, a Harry potter thread...................:D.

Crikey how are u still here Chis after doing this for all those years ?Dont say your body gets used to it ,I could think of more pleasant forms of torture !I have some hand/finger damage as is just with working power tools and injury over the years and understand all these tools have work/time limits per 8hr period but honestly how would these jobs get done according to the regs as some are as low as 15mins per 8hr period?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE