I like my gadgets me.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Some can be a bit pants whereas others are really clever ideas. I like looking at them and admire the thought and execution of the design to actually make them. So imagine my surprise when I picked this up "new" at a boot fair yesterday.

glasses01.jpg

glasses02.jpg

glasses03.jpg

glasses04.jpg

Now I have to wear glasses for close up work, which is rather frustrating when it comes to every day usage because it means dgging the case out of my pocket, as they're not on my nose all the time.
There have been times when I have forgetten them too. So this little addition to my shoulder bag, jacket pocket, glove box etc should see me less annoyed.

I do carry one of those credit card thin magnifying glasses (Fresnel lens) in my wallet too. But I really like this set up. Kicked myself when I got home becase I only bought one pair and not invested in another. D'oh! Original price was €15 I got these for €4 and it came with 3 spare ink refills. Made in the free democratic peoples republic of China.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I like those! I often lose/leave my glasses and a spare set in the bag would be a good idea, I'll have to look out for something like that..

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh me too :)

My eyesight has gone from sharp as anything to unable to focus closer than about 2', in just a year or so. I need the 1.5 glasses just to read my own writing.

That pen's such a handy idea.....China ? okay, google is my friend :) or maybe sevendayshop.com

Thanks Aaron :)

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The scary bit is how fast it happens :sigh:
I used to be able to see the individual fibres that make up the individual plies on sewing thread, with ease; now ? all I can see is that it's thread :rolleyes:

M

Sideburnt

Apr 7, 2011
Leeds
Oh me too :)

My eyesight has gone from sharp as anything to unable to focus closer than about 2', in just a year or so. I need the 1.5 glasses just to read my own writing.

it can happen that quick?, thats plain awful... I dread the day that happens. With as much lack of gusto as the loss of my hair. Both probably inevitable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE