I don't understand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
A while ago I started a thread called "They don't understand", and a discussion about buschcrafters vs non-bushcrafters broke out.

It turns out that I was wrong. It's me that doesn't understand. Anything. At all. take today for example...

Having some issues with chafing, I bought the smallest bottle of talc I could find, so I could put it in my everyday bag for when it was needed. Getting it out at lunchtime, I read on the label that it was "talc-free". Talc-free? How's that? :confused: It's a bottle of talc isn't it? Apparently not. It is "Hygiene powder". :confused:
Furthermore, the label says that my non-talc "restores self assurance". What? If your self esteem depends upon the application of some talc-free talc then you have more issues than chafing...

Bewildered, I wandered into the work staff room, to be confronted with gossip magazines going on about celebrities I've never heard of, referring to them by first names only (as if everyone knows who they are), and using unexplained acronyms. TOWIE anyone? :confused: No, actually I don't think I want to know.

So, I went into the office, straight into a conversation between two of the girls about the 'Extra Easy' eating plan on Slimming World. My wife does that, so what I don't know about it isn't worth knowing, but it transpired that
1. The two girls in my office didn't understand it (despite the Extra Easy bit), and
2. They couldn't remember what it was called either. :p

So, I'm off back to the woods, where the world makes sense. I don't understand people at all...

:confused:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Your not the only one matey, I try not to expose myself to the world of people who crave the lime light or "sad acts" as I believe there called, some people even call them role models!! as for silly fad diet programmes, eat less move more, if you want that cake eat it, but know that if you eat cake every day and don't move around soon you will be fat, no need to pay someone or for something to say well done when you've lost a pound in two months, give me the money I WILL motivate them!. I feel very lucky that I have been able to emerse myself in the military world, if you put effort into it you never have to acknowledge the world out side it's just chaps and chappets going about there daily lives.

Packets of peanuts with a label stating "may contain nuts", sums up how crazy this world is sometimes.

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....unexplained acronyms. TOWIE anyone? :confused:.....

according to wikipedia it's a small hamlet in aberdeenshire, as to the rest of it i'm just as lost as you are.
i'm lucky, i have no TV, there's no local newsagants and the radio reception isn't great in the bottom of this valley. as for celebrity role models, there's always charlie sheen

stuart

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
bought milk today which said on the label.. contains milk
then picked up some bread which told me it can be eaten throughout the day... what is the world coming to? :L

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
my curiosity got the better of me;

The Only Way Is Essex (often abbreviated as TOWIE) is a British reality show based in Essex. It shows "real people in modified situations, saying unscripted lines but in a structured way."
wikipedia

i'm guessing that i'd probably rather boil my own head than sit through an episode of this

stuart

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
in the back of my Kawasaki motorcycle owners manual as a final warning it says.......DO NOT EAT THIS PRODUCT !

my 2 bosses are 27 years old, i think i've actually forgoton more than they know but i'm forever being b8ll8cked and given poor performance reviews for not completing the latest three word acronim ( eg: PMP ) correctly, i so wish i was back on site where at least i understand whats going on and people talk english !

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
for the adults: search TOWIE at urbandictionary.com, scroll down to number 3, chuckle heartily

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE