"I don't need one of these" (repeat until temptation passes)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Twas having a mooch about on Pinterest, as ya do, and saw a Zombie Gear gallery that shows kit to have should The Walking Dead ever become a reality.

Anyway, I saw this little beauty. It's called a motoped

5b1a481f8928f12066840dc45293d604.jpg

Here's their website if you want to read more

Here's the advertising video for it. Looks soooooo cool.

[video=youtube_share;JoMdCFGAjEE]http://youtu.be/JoMdCFGAjEE[/video]

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
With the pedals it reminds me of a Yamaha FS1E, those were the days!

I do like the look of the Cruzer model, showing my age I suppose.

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
Who would have thought that a glorified Puch Maxi would be the transport of choice after a Zombie apocalypse?

Got to say, it does look quite well engineered. Doesn't seem overpriced, in dollars, for a usable motorcycle, especially if your not keen on scooters.
I still think I'd have to pull the pedals off though, and fit some footrests. I'd rather keep them on a rack, with my bow and arrow, and anti zombie spray. Attach them when I run outta gas.

Biker

Anti Zombie spray? Is this the genuine stuff... wait a sec'... how can I be sure it'd work? :nono: Don't say obviously it work you haven't been attacked by Zombies yet. Ahaaaaaaaaa almost had me there. Clever. :cool:

Trade you ten cans of Anti -Veloceraptor spray for a tin? just to be on the safe side? :naughty:

Glad you folks are finding that bike interesting and it just wasn't me who lusted after one. :)

Last edited:

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
With the pedals it reminds me of a Yamaha FS1E, those were the days!

I do like the look of the Cruzer model, showing my age I suppose.

I had a Fizzie, great little thing. Saw one a while ago and realised just how tiny they really are though.
That thing has a fourstroke mill though.

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
No deal, I've got an anti Veloceraptor amulet. I haven't been attacked by a Veloceraptor once since I've been wearing it.

In all seriousness, I could see it selling in the British market, with a few modifications. Lights, to start with.
A bit better front brake, some mud guards, and a chain guard.
Not everyone like scooters.
There isn't a huge choice of strong, reliable, small CC motorcycles, unless you go into trail bikes. The motorcycle travellers often seem to bemoan the fact on the overland forums.
It would be nice and simple to work on, and easy to carry spares for.
Looks like the engine is a Honda C series, probably a Chinese knockoff, but not too much wrong with them, these days.

Oh yeah, and the pedals really would have to go........

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
All my mates had fissie's at school, I could never afford one but had hours of fun riding up beside then on my push bike at traffic lights and nicking the keys from the side panel behind their knee :)

Catch me now sucker ! :)

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Reminds me of the thing my father bought when petrol was in short supply during the Suez crisis. It was a motorised wheel that you put in place of the bicycle's rear wheel.I think it was called a Cylemotor. He passed it on to me when I was 16. If I took the silencer off and cleaned the spark plug, had the wind to my back and went slightly down hill, on a good day I could get almost 12mph out of it. ie nowhere near what I could reach on my Raleigh Super Lenton racing bike under my own power.

At the age I am now I could justify getting the anti Zombie bike before I reach my own living dead stage. That is approaching REALLY fast!

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
They seriously easy to make
If u got an old mountain bike with front am rear disc its just a matter of removing the rear gears replacing it a with a gear (harder than it sounds) and mount the engine inside the frame (usually on the saddle stem above the crank ) the fuel tank onto the crossbar

The kits you can buy them on ebay

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE