"I don't need one of these" (repeat until temptation passes)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Anyone remember the Corgi scooter? They were parachuted down in WW2 for rapid deployment of airborne troops. I fancied one as a kid, but by the time I was old enough for a licence, they seemed to have disappeared. I still fancy one: so much more style than a mobility scooter.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Do zombies ask for MOTs? Or are they fairly lax on rules and regs.?.

Dave

10981817_1034595303228147_2244171499920793473_n.jpg

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Anyone remember the Corgi scooter? They were parachuted down in WW2 for rapid deployment of airborne troops. I fancied one as a kid, but by the time I was old enough for a licence, they seemed to have disappeared. I still fancy one: so much more style than a mobility scooter.

I'd never heard of them before, I can see why you fancied one though.

2cor.jpg

[video=youtube;UzpQ3_HZJ4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzpQ3_HZJ4M[/video]

General Strike

Forager
May 22, 2013
United Kingdom
You can get some nice add-on electric motors for bicycles - one that slides down the seat-tube and meshes with a special bottom bracket, for instance. I know e-bikes are limited to 12mph, but if you have a motor in your rear hub and give it some beans as well, you can do way more than that - assuming that you can't get a non-limited motor on Ali Baba or modify a UK one. Far less likely to get police attention than a lawnmower engine thudding away under the saddle, too!

General Strike

Forager
May 22, 2013
United Kingdom
So add 15 to your pedalling. Some forms of motor won't work in an additive way (a motor sat on your tyre pushing it around won't be adding anything if you pedal faster than 15mph). However I think using a hub motor you could combine drive and pedalling.

Or alternatively find a way to bypass the limiter, like all those kids with scooters did in the 90s.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Or for those of with mobility issues (or those who are just plane lazy) we have another option. the tank chair.
tank-chair-wheelchair.jpg

Ste

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Or for those of with mobility issues (or those who are just plane lazy) we have another option. the tank chair.
View attachment 34604

Ste
Dave Canterbury organised one of those for a mobility student (now instructor?) on Widerness outfitters. Goes over a 10"ish log and up a 45º angle in he vid :)
I keep trying to let SWMBO buy me her one so she can come out

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Dave Canterbury organised one of those for a mobility student (now instructor?) on Widerness outfitters. Goes over a 10"ish log and up a 45º angle in he vid :)
I keep trying to let SWMBO buy me her one so she can come out

That's really cool.

I used to work with a guy who had a specially made electric chair ruggedezed(?) for playing with an airsoft team. this thing was awesome! it had 2 guns attached to the sides, with an armrest for controlling the chair and an armrest for firing the guns. :cool:

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
That's really cool.

I used to work with a guy who had a specially made electric chair ruggedezed(?) for playing with an airsoft team. this thing was awesome! it had 2 guns attached to the sides, with an armrest for controlling the chair and an armrest for firing the guns. :cool:

I can only imagine that would have looked like what's below, but on caterpillar tracks. Cool indeed.

quad_50.jpeg

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
I can only imagine that would have looked like what's below, but on caterpillar tracks. Cool indeed.

quad_50.jpeg

I don't think it was quite that extensive... then again the team did use him for door breaching and room tot room clearance! :lmao:

Ste

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE