I can't comment in the Blog section.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
.....I've not been able to do this from day 1. I haven't tried in ages and thought that I'd try again now that log-in and changing password problems are resolved. The Blog interface tells me I have to register and log in to comment even though I am.....Thought I'd post this in case anyone else has the same problem...
Edit....I get thrown out when trying to edit this post(..a good thing..? :lmao: ) even though the forum page says I'm logged in and am allowed access to the edit screen. Be interesting to see if this edit is accepted....

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Stuart, I have a feeling you need to create a blog account to be able to comment against other blogs.

There does seem to be problems with the authentication on the site though and it remembering who you are. :(

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We're look at this now. As a signed in member of bushcraft uk the blog is all set up for you already so you should be able to just open up your blog and away you go and you should be able to comment. Very weird...

Can you comment in other areas of the site?

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Thanks for looking at it. I don't have a blog so generally only post comments on the forums. I've only experienced the Edit problem today and that was resolved when I diverted to a premissions interface page where I was ablt to log on again. Cheers..

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Following on from falcon (from July last year).

.....I've not been able to do this from day 1. I haven't tried in ages and thought that I'd try again ...... The Blog interface tells me I have to register and log in to comment even though I am.....Thought I'd post this in case anyone else has the same problem ......

I don't know about anybody else but I can't start a blog of my own or post a comment on someone elses.

The info at the bottom of a blog reads:

Comments
Show/Hide comments
Show/Hide comment form
You must be logged in to a comment. Please register if you do not have an account yet.

If I click on 'Write New Blog' I'm informed:

"Unfortunately you are unable to perform this action. This is likely to be because you are already logged in or do not have the correct level of access assigned to your Bushcraft membership.
You need to login."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Does anyone else have the same (or similar) problem?

Everything else seems to be working brilliantly (Thanks backroom guys 'n' gals :You_Rock_ ).

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's just weird :confused: you're obviously logged into the forum, does it tell you that you're logged into the rest of the site as well, over on the top left?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Everything else's fine. I even logged in again while the refusal message (on the 'Write New Blog') was showing - no joy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE