I bought this item as a water bottle holder but i dont know its actual use.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bushcraft kid

Apr 7, 2015
England
http://imgur.com/l2HkMSg,XRkC7QV,9COnpEk#0

Hello all,
yesterday I bought this item, it was labelled as a water bottle holder and that's what I intend to use it for but i still don't know what it's actual use is.

I am hoping someone can give me some information on this item,

the only other information i have on it except for the images is the black text on the back of the item(you can see this in the image)
it says
O.W.I
CT2A/1763
973-6990

I have already Google'd for this but all I can find is similar ones that are called "Canvas Ammo Pouch"
one is a Vintage Italian army Canvas Ammo Pouch from WWll on Etsy and another one from the Vietnam war era

any information would be appreciated,

Dan :)

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Indeed British 58 is dead cheap loads about due to conscription and commonweath armies using the same patterns for a long time - it will never be rare :D

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
58 ammo pouches are about a fiver on ebay at the mo. What type of bottle do you intend on putting in it? Working from memory (it's been a very long time since I used '58 webbing) I'm not sure the issue bottle would fit in the ammo pouches. A sigg bottle would though.

backpacker

Forager
Sep 3, 2010
Eastbourne, East Sussex
Looks to me like British 1958 Pattern Ammunition Pouch, second hand about £6 to £8 if you scout around you will find a water bottle to fit, Sigg Bottles would probably fit ok I have a similar pouch and I use it to carry my meths fuel bottle which is the same size as a Sigg bottle.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Pic below is a 58 Pattern water bottle pouch (yours has already been identified as an ammo pouch). Pic came from he first link I looked at so there will/could be other suppliers. Cost from this particular supplier is £3.99 for grade 2 up to £9.99 for "issued but as new". I didn't look to see how much they charge for P&P.

WATER-BOTTLE.jpg

Pic grabbed from here ~ http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/s...b4eM1kCxEPV5JW4v_VKRTgSxH76oCb-gB2RoCEQnw_wcB (not an endorsement. But if you do a search on the forum they seem to have a good rep)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE