Finnish Vihe Loue II Shelter , Its a tarp dude but not as we know it ,,,,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
You know you want one :),

Heres some photos of mine from the weekend cheers K9 for the photos :D:D

cliffssetup_zps071f5dc7.jpg

cliffssetup2_zps3d39e1aa.jpg

cliffssetup3_zpsecee0453.jpg

cliffssetup4_zpsf22ea1db.jpg

cliffssetup5_zpsf2cca378.jpg

Twodogs

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
You can get four in the Vihe Loue II ~ head in, feet out, tallest in the middle and, if in doubt, use a bivi bag to keep the bottom end of your mat and bag dry :cool:

If using long guys it can be a smart move to use guys which can be seen day ...

... and night

Guy lines and the Loues guy loops dry faster if separated. Tying and untying the guys is a PITA and I'd considered getting some additional Alpkit mini carabiners ...

... and then, taking an idea from hammock slinging techniques, I thought ~ STICKS!

Easier than 1,2,3!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Alpstick - pat pending :D:D

:rofl: Alpstick :rofl:

Glad to see you survived the weekend :D:rofl:

Just :yikes: ~ I started to loose my voice* two hours short of the finish. No real surprise when you put 1,500 people through an activity base in 7 hours.

* And no, it didn't stop me telling jokes! :rofl:

Now that is a neat idea Phil :approve:

Cheers chaps ~ like any simple idea, it can take a while for the penny to drop :eek: .

great looking bit of kit would love to try one.

A 3x3m tarp in several of the flying diamond configurations will give a (very) rough approximation ~ as will something like ...

Tarp_Tent_13-308x251.jpg

(pic from Northwest Woodsman ~ link)

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I'm thinking about buying one of these Loue shelters for the winter months. I tend to go out to the woods on my own so just need a shelter to sleep under and create a bit of sheltered space for working next to the fire.

I'm pushed towards the Loue I but reading this post and looking at the pictures below suggests the Loue II would be better just for the extra space? What are everyone's opinion on them after a few years use and the pitched size?

Woodlore sell them but I've found a couple of different brands and it's cheaper direct from Scandinavian. Cheers

LostViking

Jun 21, 2016
Northern Adirondacks
Bump.

You still have and use this Cliff?

Yes, I know this is an old thread. And I hope my part in resurecting is allowed/accepted.

But I see the one or the two as about perfect for what I do. I actually searched here recently. Didn't find much so I started a thread asking questions. This thread rocks.

How do they handle snow loads?

And obviously prevailing winds are a huge factor in set up.

I actually set my 3x3 (10x10) up on a Christmas Eve outing to mimic the Loue.

Complete with Finnish Gap Fire,

I think the Loue would present a real cozy atmosphere with this in front of it.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE