Finnish Vihe Loue II Shelter , Its a tarp dude but not as we know it ,,,,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Looks to be a really good piece of kit and great to have a website that is in English! I'm embarrassed to admit that I've gone and ordered the smaller one; the bigger one seemed just a tad too big for just me and my Jerven bag. Can't wait for it to arrive and give it a whirl in the outdoors!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
>>> I've gone and ordered the smaller one; <<<

One of Us!

gRyz6.gif

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Arrrrrgh! No! You said (typed) the dreaded 'p' word! I'll try when it arrives but I simply can't make pictures work easily for me. I'm just not very good with technology...

Dont worry about it mate ,,,,just enjoy it ,, :)

Southy I remember chating to Addo about two years ago about these no one had one then so when a chance came to see one in the plastic ,,, yep thats for me :)

just a case of using it now ;)

Twodogs

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... no one had one then so when a chance came to see one in the plastic ,,, yep thats for me :)

That was the floater for me as well ~ I did a lot of searching, translating and reading (eased somewhat when I started using Chrome :D ) and, in the end, I just went with gut instinct :D .

For some reason there isn't a whole lot of information or hints and tips out there about how to get the best out of this type of shelter ~ I suspect that the best way forward is to use it as you would a lean-to and pitch roughly in line with any breeze.

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
This on the beach with you inside in your jeverns ,, drift wood fire going out front ,,,, no its not for you :cool:

i have already been seriously considering the jerven... this is going to be expensive

That was the floater for me as well ~ I did a lot of searching, translating and reading (eased somewhat when I started using Chrome :D ) and, in the end, I just went with gut instinct :D .

For some reason there isn't a whole lot of information or hints and tips out there about how to get the best out of this type of shelter ~ I suspect that the best way forward is to use it as you would a lean-to and pitch roughly in line with any breeze.

this would be my main concern, all set up and the wind either picks up or changes direction. an early hours of the morning reconfiguration would be fun.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... this would be my main concern, all set up and the wind either picks up or changes direction. an early hours of the morning reconfiguration would be fun.

It's pretty much the same for any open shelter ~ it's open to the elements from at least one direction and you really can suffer if the wind suddenly changes. If circumstances allow I tend to pitch facing a thick bush and use it as a weather diffuser / barrier ~ walls and hedges can be used in a similar fashion ;) . In areas and / or times of flying nasties (and if you're in an area where you can have a fire) it can be beneficial to swing the back into the direction of predominant wind and cause a slight smoke eddy ;) :D .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The OE guys are _about_ a meter long and using them them without supporting sticks means the side-wall does a fair impression of Nora Batty's tights. As it's not always possible to obtain a dozen 50cm long stick I've been having a play with using much longer guy-lines ...

Pic from the front. The side-wall is nicely upright and the snow valance is just about apparent.

From the side ~ like I said, long guys :yikes: . I suspect the guying was much longer than required, but I like to get a feel for a set-up before I rule it out or alter it.

The snow valance. I dare say that other materials could be utilised :D . No points for why there are two very different bottles within easy reach or the significance of one being blue :yikes: :yuck: :rofl: .

Gratuitous spork pic for MR. F. The ensemble is hung from the centre front guy point. Alpkit's mini biners are a fantastic bit of kit it's just a tad too large to go through the meat can D-Ring and, at some point, I'll probably swap it out for an light weight S-hook.

The Loue is set at a medium slope and, as can be seen, water has beaded but hasn't been able to run off.

Irrespective of what angle I slope the Loue at, or even if I peg the canopy straight onto the floor, I always get a guttering effect where the canopy meets the side-wall. Is this alleviated by the Loue I's sewn in darts?

As with and single skin (or canvas) tent, condensation can run and drop where you least want it to. There are a couple of tricks to coping, the simplest being avoiding touching it :D .

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Cliff and Phil. Just stop it. Stop it i tell you....

If i order any more kit ill be in the divorce courts.

My daughter is in my corner though. She had a lay down in Cliffs at Damians and said its like a little house in the woods and it even has a cooker. Maybe i could convince my wife its a wendy house for Maddy :D:D:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE