Hultafors craft knife mod.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I got a couple of these knifes after reading Kepis's write up on them and the destruction test he carried out.
They are indeed a good knife, I use mine in camp and for whittling.
I was going to mod one as soon as I got hold of them, but too many things to do so I was late doing it.
Hear is the new handle I made yesterday, it's not glued yet as I have not found a place local to get some brass plate to fit where the blade comes out.
Any way what one would you choose, before or after.
Forgot to mention the walnut wood fell into my hand as I was walking past the tree, honest !
The second picture shows another handle for a Michael Eklund blade that I have and is awaiting brass as well, I might try the scrap shop tomorrow.
Knifehandles001.jpg
Knifehandles002.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have one that lives in my van....
As to the length of the tang I was after a mm measurement realy... seeing as the handle is off .... :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It's 55mm John, towards the end there is a small hole that you could drill through and put a stainless pin in.
Now that IS interesting!
When I rehandle Mora rat tail tangs I forge the end into an eye and pin/rivet through that.....
I might move to the HF for my source blades and save a job!
Many thanks for the info :)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
lovely job mate, that Walnut loks divine, might have to wander past that tree at some point and see if it's still shedding branches

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks Dougster you are a star, have replied to pm.
What a great forum this is, full of helpful and interesting talented people.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
lovely job mate, that Walnut loks divine, might have to wander past that tree at some point and see if it's still shedding branches
You know the tree then, actually there are a couple more not far from it, next to an abandoned orchard.
When there is time why don't we both walk past it and pick up a few pieces.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
When there is time why don't we both walk past it and pick up a few pieces.

Sounds like a fine plan, apart form Monday & Tuesday im around most of this week, drop me a pm and we will get a day out organised

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE