How's the weather where you are ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yesterday's "rain" barely touched the sides, misty and overcast this morning. Couldn't see the other side of the valley at 5am, not any better now at 8.30.
Better for being outside, so off out for some gentle foraging today.

Reactions: Toddy

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
We were promised light rain last night in mid wales, I’m still waiting.
This is starting to become a problem if you look at the reservoirs and river levels. In this area we are also getting the sappy, sticky leaves while fruit and branches are dropping as the trees desperately attempt to save moisture. There is half as much grass as there should be and any areas already mowed look bleached and dead.
It may feel good to be warm after a long and miserable winter but this weather feels a bit like too much of a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bishop and Toddy

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Our reservior is looking OK at the moment, though last summer it was shockingly low.
The sheep fields are looking awful, no grass growth at all. One should not be feeding hay at this time of year, but two sheep owners I know, have no choice.
People are beginning to discuss the possibility of wildfires on the moors, and the devastation it could cause. Its a real worry, as the tops are even dryer than last year.

• Sad
Reactions: Ystranc

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Yesterday was hot and muggy, heavy black clouds threatened a downpour any moment, weather app said rain pm,... but not a drop.
Weather said overnight rain,... not a drop.
This morning once again overcast. Rain forcast, ....but still drizabone .
How does a raindance go?

• Haha

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
How does a raindance go?
Gather twenty-two blokes, dress them in white, then erect two wooden henges or "stumps" at a set distance apart and invoke the ancient ceremony of hitting a small leather projectile with a shaped piece of willow wood. Often seemed to work in the past. Otherwise just wait for the school holidays to start...

Think we saw the same promising-looking dark clouds go past too - no dice here either.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
freestyle and butt naked works well enough for me, my rainwater tanks filled up in twenty minutes of rain yesterday while I was working in the greenhouse. It was far to hot in there for clothes.

Please, ...can you pop down to exmoor and demonstrate for me? ;)

• Haha

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
29˚C here right now, and so incredibly humid. It's not fun. We are not used to this weather. It's so hot that it's silent outside, even the birds are quiet sitting in the shade somewhere.
The sky is changing though and it's looking 'active', we might yet get thunder.
Honestly I hope we do, just to break this sticky heat.

M

Lean'n'mean

Settler
Nov 18, 2020
France
30°C this afternoon but it feels much hotter, even with clothes on you feel the heat of the sun burning through. There is a chance of a thunderstorm this evening but the air pressure is still too high for any serious rain.

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Yesterday was 28 and 87% humidity about 200 yards from the sea. We had ten minutes of rain in the afternoon that made it a bit better for half an hour or so then it was back to normal. Less breeze than the day before too. Living in the south east I am used to hot and humid but some of those I live with aren't too keen

Sent from underground

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
I look at Internet weather forecasts and they mention heavy downpours, thunderstorms etc. I'm beginning to feel I must be on Planet Zog, as there has been no rain here for about 2 months. For the first time in 5 years the local farm has been obliged to run water hoses across the lane to get water to where they need it.
Just after 10.00 this morning in the partial shade of my back garden it was 25C, hate to think what it is now..

The roadside grass that was cut yesterday has already gone straw colour and the Tarmac road surface at the junction is melting, I noticed.

I'm not complaining mind, I love the sun and hot temperatures and it's nice to record these days for future morale medicine when the Holly King rules. :)

Reactions: Toddy and Ystranc

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
My back garden is registering 35° in the shade down by the house, heaven only knows what it is up the top in full sun.
Mind you it is a perfect sun trap.
My phone says 26° outside, but its definatly hotter than that. It's 26 in the house!
Melting slowly, but for my veg garden, and all the watering needed, I'm loving it.
Sunshine =happy for me.

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
I got in the car earlier after it’d been parked in the yard on the cobbles in full sun, it registered a rather sweaty 37 degrees C inside. After driving up into the hills with all the windows down and a brisk breeze it dropped to a much more bearable 27 degrees C. My normal comfort zone is somewhere between -2 to 18 degrees C

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Perfect blue sky, not a cloud to be seen. Plants are beginning to wilt a bit in this heat. Soil like dust. Lots of watering to do tonight!
I'm wearing shorts! If that doesn't bring rain, I don't know what will!
Already 25 in the shade. But a gentle breeze just a whisper, now and then.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE