How to stop my sleep mat slipping?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Having bought a Laser competition (compliments of Tim_C) and a Therm-a-rest Neoair Xlite, I've dicovered that the base material of the Laser is very slippy with the Xlite.

What's the best way to reduce the slipping problem I have?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Use regular silicone mixed with white spirit, paint on some stripes or blobs and leave it to dry.

I've done both my NeoAir and my MLD bivvy as they were a nightmare combined, funnily enough I've not had a problem with the Neo and my Laser, the new one must be slightly different.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Almost 30 years ago I briefly used a thermarest pad. To stop the slipping I bought two lenghts (about 60 cm each, IIRC) of velcro loop of the self adhesive type. Rounded the corners and attached them. No more slipping. Lasted for a couple of years, before I gave up on the durn thing, might have lasted longer if I had kept using it.

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
Use regular silicone mixed with white spirit, paint on some stripes or blobs and leave it to dry.

funnily enough I've not had a problem with the Neo and my Laser, the new one must be slightly different.
What he said, I have a Laser Photon 2, an original Neoair and a pretty new Neoair Xtherm. The Xlite must be slightly different, in fact looking here http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/thermarest_neoair_xtherm.html they do comment that the Xlite may slide around a bit.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Please dont put the mat in the bag. Your bag wont last long and its bloody restrictive inside no way as comfortable. A lot of people do and like it but its better on the outside. Shewie's idea is the best so far.
Or in an emergency scrap around the mat and try and build up a smallish barrier. I have the same problem rolling all the time asleep just dont let it bother you. You will just wake up with the cold and roll yourself back on

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE