how to get a canoe from brora to kilmarnock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
hi,i have the chance of purchasing a new canoe, unfortunately it is in brora north of inverness.due to work commitments and other things i do,nt have the time to travel and collect this at the moment,does any members have any ideas how to get this to kilmarnock please thank you

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
shambling that would be great if he could ,i could possibly get to edinburgh or glasgow ,i will need to enquire about haulage ,but i fearit would be way too expensive .thanks buddy

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Brora is a bit of a pig to get to from here but will be meeting Kev in Inverness which is not sooo bad..

Will get hold of him and let you know what he can do.

As a last resort could fetch it here and test it out on Loch Maree :rolleyes:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i,ve just noticed where you are shambling ,what an enviable part of the country ,fantastic. its been a while since i was up as far .

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Try national express, cost of the ticket and a few quid to the driver. When I drove for them I carried every thing from a landrover engine (gatwick to Swansea) to a roll of axminster (london To haverfordwest). Only drawback ,you have to travel with it.Or maybe a mate?

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Gill why not try one of the local haulage firms as opposed to parcel carriers like Scotlee for example they are usually very reasonable for stuff like this as they charge more by weight than bulk. I got a phone box (don't ask) sent from Derby to Ayr for about £60 about 4 years ago. Have a phone round you might be surprised

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
I could maybe help in this,im in dunfermline an dont mind going part way to glasgow if it helps and im off work that day or night.
soloman.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
thanks for the help and ideas guys , i,m currently waiting on a couple of company,s getting back to me with prices .if these are too expensive i think i might have to let this go.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
How big is the boat Gill ?
I've got a friend coming down by van from Inverness next week, he could drop it off in Bothwell, if it'll fit. Would that help ?

cheers,
Toddy

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
if u could shambling it would be brilliant ,i need to wait on the green light from Toddy first mate ,then it could be a goer

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've tried to get hold of my friend..........also a member here too..........but he's working away from home :sigh:
I have one other thought to try out. I can get hold of this chap tomorrow evening.....is there time to hold on ?

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE