How much has this site/ interest cost you?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

reddy

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2007
Lancashire
My loss was on a hammock. I'd seen such good things about them on here, and stupidly when out and bought one without researching it further. I used it and detested the thing!! My fault though, and I learnt quickly not to get too carried away with other peoples opinions on kit :)

Nowadays, whenever I see a good write up or article about kit on the site (and there are lots), I immediately think "now, how could I make/ buy that for cheaper" (if possible). That has saved me more more than the hammock lost, and gives me a chance to be creative :)

The 'interest' as a whole has probably cost me £900 ish, that's including 2 tents/ full sleeping gear, basic camping essentials and two nice push bikes and full panniers/ kit for both (one hybrid for touring, and one folding for train travel). My clothing is always the cheapest I can get hold of, and I've never had a problem with it. Got a brilliant thick fleece from Primark a while back and it beats my previous expensive Regatta hands down. The cost? £7 :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE