How much does your kit weigh?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How much does your kit weigh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leon-1

Squidders said:
cor! some people and their jealous natures eh :D :D :D :D

I make no excuses for the duluth bedroll, it's paradise under a tarp!

I would expect it is, the only time that I used a bedroll I liked it, but I am very much a member of the hammock family nowadays. Bedrolls are good if you can find somewhere flat for them. Down here I have enough trees and enough hills (normally the same places that the trees are) that a bedroll isn't expedient.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I've never really thought about weighing my kit for bushcraft (used to do it in the TA but only so I didn't end up with rocks in my bag to make up required weight :rolleyes: ).....I pack what I want/need, pick it up and walk out the door.....simple as that. :confused:
Can we have a poll option added saying "Don't know, don't care", so I can vote please :D

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
:eek: :eek: ...never thought t' weigh my kit b4.....just carried the bloody thing wi' what I needed fer the weekends party....er.....craftin' trip :D .
Comes in at 20k without the rum and Jacket........tho 6k of that is food and water (ships biscuits weigh a lot ye knowz).... :D :D .....

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Generally the answer is too much.

When going to meet's etc definately too much as I'm always trying out new stuff or carrying stuff for "show and tell" :D

If out on my own, sometimes not enough - I have a bad habit of forgetting things. This is usually a good thing as it encourages improvisation.

David

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
When i dont need it .................. too much,

when i do need it,.......................not enough !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE