How much do you spend a year on kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How much do you spend a year on Bushcraft kit and clobber?

• Less than £100

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • £100-£200

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • £300-£400

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • £500+

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Hi all,
I have spent £300 + so far this year but am fortunate that I work in a special school (behavioural!) and we do activities every Friday. This means that when I see a piece of shiny kit that I like I buy it and put the reciept in at work and get my money back. This goes for old tat on Ebay as well!

I have just had the good news that I am getting a budget of £4800 next month to kit up properly so that should be fun. If you see a group of kids doing Duke of Edinburgh's Award using Lavu's come and say hello - I'll make you a brew!

Smiling, smugly,

Simon!

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
To be fair everything i have bought has been from ebay and selling unwanted pieces of junk. I've found that if you are willing to compromise on "name brands" you can get the same kit for cheaper and some of it is just as good.
The initial outlay can be expensive, i think the most expensive thing i've bought was my big knife for chopping wood stripping it etc. Just bought a -10 dossbag and basha for under £40.

If you're willing to hunt you can find sme good bargains.

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
i expect to see a "moneygap" between old hand bushcrafters and new ones, if you started less then 2 years ago chances are high you will have spent a small fortune.

on the plus side, if you are somewhat good for your gear it wil last a looooooooooong time :)

Virtually nothing here, but then we have a lot of stuff that doubles up for camping, re-enacting, tools, kitchen, crafts etc. Most of our stuff is multi functional, so I think the only specifically buscrafty thing I've ever had was my big knife, and that was a 21st present from himself rather more years ago than I care to think about now.

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
i say about £100 a year even thought i have all the bulk kit and am plannin to mak a 2retreat" in the oowds near me also :D

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
:eek: deffo only a couple of quid, 'per day' now times that by 365.25 days .....ouch:twak:

ooh, that's almost a week in the costmuch del sol............pity she doesn't take the sun too well lol

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Commandocal, that wouldn't be Bradley Woods would it? I'd watch for the damn hornets otherwise, they used to be big :D

Nice to see someone be brave and admit they're from Grimsby ;)

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Nah not bradley its neighbour Dixons lol Bradley is too much like a "stroll in the park" Dixons is more wild :p Bradley has hornets? crap lol i thought they needed water and there is no rivers/streams etc

wilekayote

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
sydney
100-200 but that includes birthday presents which I get in 'camping equipment credits'. I initially thought less than 100 but then last year there was a good sleeping bag and the previous year good boots etc. etc.

Where is the "I don't know and am afraid to check all the bills (even if I still could)" option? :D

Grtz Johan

Did a similar thing once with diving stuff.... since then :yikes: if I really need it I buy it, wether BC or anything else (if I can afford it!), if I just like it or want it, I convince myself I really need it :rolleyes: or something... no seriously... cheap and DIY is a lot more my style... but just sometimes...., just sometimes...or just some stuff..which I later try to sell at not too much of a loss....

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Nah not bradley its neighbour Dixons lol Bradley is too much like a "stroll in the park" Dixons is more wild :p Bradley has hornets? crap lol i thought they needed water and there is no rivers/streams etc

Well it did 30 odd years ago, or at least one that took a liking to my uncle.

Don't think i've been to Dixons. Saying that i've not set foot in Grimsby since 1995 for a few hours....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE