How many?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris chris

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 25, 2004
keswick
Gary, your begining to sound like me, a grumpy old so and so, and much before your time.

16/04/2003 was yesterday - not the old days.

I grew up in the old days - the fifties etc.

Compared to how long bcuk has been around, Duran Duran and even the spice girls were in the old days.

:)

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
ben919 said:
No, I'm not in the industry but I'll be blunt does it occur to those part timers that by underpricing the product they'll find that when they go full time they may not be able to make a living and have they thought about what impact they may be having on the professional trade at the moment. By profession I mean people who make their living solely from bushcraft and/or its related products.

Ben

Ben, I'd be interested to hear what you define a underpricing?

Surely everybody who runs a course prices their course up according - anyone with any sense takes into account all their overheads and expenses and then calculates this against their profit and off sets this again the minium they expect to run the cost for ect ect. Personally I'd say theres no such thing as underpricing maybe there is some more realisitc pricing going on, BUT not underpricing - but again its down to overheads, if one school has free access to a site that will lower there price while another school might have to add £10 per head per night for the site, similarly insurance costs vary incredibly so why shouldn't course costs?

Another thought, surely if you have nothing to do with the industry you should be rejoicing in the fact you have such choice. More so in fact because by shopping around you can get greater value for money, you can find a shool which suits your learning style and outlook on live - or are you really interested in paying more for a product?

Are you the only person in the world who would gladly pay as much money as he can afford for something?

Personally speaking if I won the lottery tomorrow I would by some woodland and build a school there and run courses for nothing, I'd have inner city kids on courses, I'd make course available to schools, to average guys who work hard for a crummy minimum wage but who would love to be able to afford to go on a bushcraft course, bushcraft isnt about eliteism, it isnt about out pricing average guys so only the rich or stupid can afford it..

This has nothing to do with malice and everything to do with the simple fact that bushcraft skills belong to us all, they are our inheritance and something that should be shared freely and not horded to be sold to the highest bidder!

chris chris

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 25, 2004
keswick
I'm off to bed - good night and play nice.

Hopefully when I look at this in the morning it's not covered in blood and locked :eek:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Originally Posted by ben919
No, I'm not in the industry but I'll be blunt does it occur to those part timers that by underpricing the product they'll find that when they go full time they may not be able to make a living and have they thought about what impact they may be having on the professional trade at the moment. By profession I mean people who make their living solely from bushcraft and/or its related products.

Ben

Gary said:
Ben, I'd be interested to hear what you define a underpricing?

It would be interesting but it's getting beyond the scope of the forums. This definitely has nothing to do with bushcraft and survival skills, it will always be a issues that's never got an answer that makes everyone happy. Even though it's interesting it's time to put it to bed :D

.......Just thought I'd add, there's no blood ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE