How many stoves do you own?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How many stoves do you own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
My lad likes a couple or three of my stoves but has no other interest in them hence me selling off a lot this last couple of years. Did you see the thread by Bryan over on CCS a couple of years ago about him selling the lot? As he is getting older he decided to enjoy the cash and got over five grand from his sales IIRC, a lovely fella, one of life's gentlemen.

I've never met him, but had alot of PM conversations. I don't think I''d get that much if I sold them all. But you never really know do you.

Si

Jun 27, 2011
Canada
Got rid of my Trangia Mini,got rid of my Primus backpacking stove, got rid of my Esbit emergency stove, and now just use my hobo stove I made from a large size coffee can. Seems to do the trick. I even hang it from my bindle just like the pic of my avatar.
Cheers
Alex

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Good god folks, my wife thought I had for too many- I'm gonna show her this thread-

-GoSystems Trio for family camping
-MSR Windpro remote canister
-Chinese multi fuel stove
-Optimus Crux canister top
-Woodland Edge Firebox
-Frontier Stove

Not sure the last two count mind you!

Have had a volcanoes stove, honey stove with hive upgrade, Coleman suitcase twin burner and a hexi in the past too.

KP

Update: sold the MSR Windpro and bought a Storm Kettle F1 Ti.

Would really really really like an MSR Universal though..

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I have loads. I have at least

4 x Trangia types

4 x Esbit types

2 x Larger family camping type stoves

4 x hiking type small stoves

3 x home made stoves

In the last 12 months I have only used three though. My F1 gas stove and Esbit army stove and my Swedish army Trangia stove.

None of them were purchased new or even online apart from the Swedish army Trangia which is a stainless steel jobby. All the rest are car boot finds topped off with three of the trangias that came from the works metal skip.

Last edited:

Papa Tac

Jul 13, 2012
Codroy Valley, NL, Canada
This will get me committed -
- MSR Whisperlite
- Coleman single burner (naphtha)
- Coleman dual burner (propane)
- 2 folding Esbit-style stoves
All purchased new. Should be enough for any man and woman.
Then I found this forum (and another at BCUSA), and I was done in

Add to this my DIYddiction
- about 15 TLUD wood gas stoves (varying sizes) from paint and tin cans, including half a dozen giveaways, and one from a small Thermos flask
- in the neighbourhood of 150 pop can stoves of various design - penny, top burner, side burner, different size cans, etc
- around 15 White Box style alkie stoves
- 7-8 Super Cat stoves
- 3 NimbleWill Nomads
- 1 Emberlit Stove
- 1 Pocket Stove
- 2 Hobo Stoves - one from a tall detergent can, the other based on Wayland's design
- 1 homemade Esbit burner
- 2 Swiss Ranger Volcano Stoves
- Trangia
Hope I haven't forgotten anyone.
All accessories for these stoves - windscreens, pots, potstands, DIY'ed at the same time.
They're coming to take me away, haha
Some... one... help... me

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
This will get me committed -
- MSR Whisperlite
- Coleman single burner (naphtha)
- Coleman dual burner (propane)
- 2 folding Esbit-style stoves
All purchased new. Should be enough for any man and woman.
Then I found this forum (and another at BCUSA), and I was done in

Add to this my DIYddiction
- about 15 TLUD wood gas stoves (varying sizes) from paint and tin cans, including half a dozen giveaways, and one from a small Thermos flask
- in the neighbourhood of 150 pop can stoves of various design - penny, top burner, side burner, different size cans, etc
- around 15 White Box style alkie stoves
- 7-8 Super Cat stoves
- 3 NimbleWill Nomads
- 1 Emberlit Stove
- 1 Pocket Stove
- 2 Hobo Stoves - one from a tall detergent can, the other based on Wayland's design
- 1 homemade Esbit burner
- 2 Swiss Ranger Volcano Stoves
- Trangia
Hope I haven't forgotten anyone.
All accessories for these stoves - windscreens, pots, potstands, DIY'ed at the same time.
They're coming to take me away, haha
Some... one... help... me

You'll be fine, thats really only starter kit so don't worry.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Coleman dual fuel 553 I think
Big horrible cheap canister stove from argos
MSR pocket rocket
Esbit stove
Crusader cookset
Trangia 27
Honey with hive
Pocket stove ti
Vaseline tin stove
MSR Whisperlite International
Ammo can wood burner
Frontier stove
Evernew titanium alcohol stove and trivet x2
Storm kettle F1

I think thats it

Last edited:

Papa Tac

Jul 13, 2012
Codroy Valley, NL, Canada
You'll be fine, that's really only starter kit so don't worry.
Thank the nonexistent Bearded Cloud-Guy... I thought I had a problem

Add more to the list:
- 1 Coffee Mug Wood Burner/Hobo, a la Cadyak (props).
- 5 alkie burners in small round tins (fibreglass covered with a screen - 1 fitted into Altoids can with integral stand, and another like it in a smaller can that contained french safes. The rest are backup burners for other kits.
Thanks for the chance to revise my inventory list. Also thanks to BCUK, BCUSA, Zennstoves, BPlite, & Backpackinglight (and too many others) for inspiration (or Blame, to hear the wife say it)

dp0001

Forager
Apr 27, 2007
London
Trangia duossal 27
briefcase gas thing in the house as we haven't bought a proper kitchen yet (18 months and counting)
about 10 coke can stoves knocked up for relaxation purposes.

Seadog

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2013
United Kingdom
8 although only 4 get used regularly. My favorite buy [never been used] is a "Blue Llama" Primus type stove that I bought on impulse in a ships chandlers in southern Peru. As an archaeologist I get a kick out of it being made of steel but painted with bronze Hamerite. Which is part of a very old craft tradition of making one thing/material look like or follow the form of something else. It also has a cool paper label with a blue Llama on it. On the day I purchased it I learnt that the Spanish for this stove type [in Ilo at least] is El Primus!

sorry 9 forgot about the fire box if we are counting those!

Last edited:

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
civvy trangia
military trangia
honey stove
msr clone
wild woodgas stove
whitebox stove
2 or 3 hobo stove variations
homemade woodgas stove

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE