How many stoves do you own?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How many stoves do you own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Scandalous kit junkies, aren't we?

Perhaps the question should have been, how many of your stoves have you used to make a meal or a drink on a bushcraft activity in the last 12 months?

My answer would be 3.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Scandalous kit junkies, aren't we?

Perhaps the question should have been, how many of your stoves have you used to make a meal or a drink on a bushcraft activity in the last 12 months?

My answer would be 3.

Mine would be 1. I'm now wondering why I've got all these stoves and why I still want a primus omnilite.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

All, plus an occasional play with someone else's :p .

I'd quite like a bit of a play with a No. 1 Burner :yikes: youtube link (sorry, won't work on at least some mobile devices). Unfortunately I've nowhere suitable (i.e. safe enough) to do so :rofl:

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Meths

Evernew DX system
Trangia 25
Caldera Cone

Gas

Micro Rocket
Primus Spider
Primus Express
Trangia gas

A squillion others from Epigas, MSR etc

Paraffin

Optimus 111
Optimus 22
Numerous Burmos stoves

Multifuel

Primus Omnilite
Primus Expresslander

Solid Fuel

About 1 metre cubed of hexistoves!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Three total, but that's counting the big kitchen stove plumbed into the house's natural gas line. Only two camping/outdoor stoves:

-A Coleman two burner multi fuel stove
-An Esbit folding stove.

In the past I've had and either traded or sold a couple of other Colemans; one regular white gas two burner and one propane two burner.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Good god folks, my wife thought I had for too many- I'm gonna show her this thread-

-GoSystems Trio for family camping
-MSR Windpro remote canister
-Chinese multi fuel stove
-Optimus Crux canister top
-Woodland Edge Firebox
-Frontier Stove

Not sure the last two count mind you!

Have had a volcanoes stove, honey stove with hive upgrade, Coleman suitcase twin burner and a hexi in the past too.

KP

Lyope

Tenderfoot
Sep 6, 2012
London
www.lyope.com
I voted six, but to be honest - I'm not 100% sure without excavating the loft and working out what's mine and what's my partner's. So having a lot of stoves isn't unusual; I'm reassured.

Question is - why? What's so attractive about buying camping cookers?

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Hello..........My name is Alan.........
........... I am ...............
I am

A Stovie....... (applause from the room of Stove's anonymous)

Alan
NO I am NOT saying how many but not enough lol.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Question is - why? What's so attractive about buying camping cookers?

The same attraction as buying too many knives, rucksacks, tents, jackets etc etc. Not a proper answer, I know.

My stoves:
Whitebox
Three home made hobo stoves
Coleman canister stove
Vital battery powered wood stove
Large Tentipi firebox
Frontier stove

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I do try and rotate my stoves to give them all a day out but life is too short and I have favourites but do fire some up in the kitchen from time to time. I also keep a Turmsport next to my PC so I can make a brew when the urge calls.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Think the only stove I've cooked on in the last year is the frontier stove, but then I've only been able to go on trips supported by my mate who has been doing all the hard work of setting up and striking camp. (Which I thank him for). I've a pile of stoves all sitting lonely in their boxes waiting to roar again - maybe later in the year though:).

I do find the frontier good to cook on, big surface area for big meals and hot water on tap (well nice copper kettle) for plenty of brews.

By the way Rik nice wee stove to have by the PC, never had one but a fellow stove fetishist used to and I liked the feel of it.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I have, and have only ever had, three:

DIY Hobo
DIY Woodgas
Tatonka burner & stand ( Trangia back in the day )

I use all of them almost daily, certainly none gets more than one day off!.........................atb mac

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
I've used all of my stoves.... in the garden.

The only one I've used out in the field was the homemade "Forest Fire waiting to happen" one..... and it wasn't exactly what you'd call a "successful" use :eek: I'll give you a clue - I only started calling it that after that particular outing.

Although this incident did directly result in the desire to purchase my latest stove :D

Incidentally this also rather neatly illustrates that what works very well indeed on a concrete garden path may not be nearly so good an idea in a pine wood.....

Last edited:

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
Not too many.

Pop can stove
Hobo stove
Markill Ti peak ignition
Jetboil flash
One of generic car camping single burner briefcase things.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
1 Honey - which I love and gets used a lot
1 brass meths stove for emergencies which fits in the Caldera caddy (not the caldera stove though) - I don't get on with meths stoves!

I've also got a £5 tesco BBQ that I take in the car to use as a fire-dish when I want a fire at a basecamp but can't have a ground-fire.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE