How many stoves do you own?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How many stoves do you own?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
Trangia 25 Duossal
Trangia 27 UL
Trangia 25 Duossal (came up on ebay, couldn't resist)
Clickstand + Trangia burner (with Gelert pot & gripper from mini-trangia) - Main solo kit
Markill mini gas burner
WildStoves Woodgas stove
Emberlit UL

Rich83

Sep 6, 2012
Selsey, West Sussex
I've got a Swedish army trangia and its the best cooking set I have ever owned, cost £12 on eBay and works at all temperatures!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
For me,
Trangia burner
Pop can meths stove 2 different designs
Cat food tin meths stove
Honey stove
Kelly kettle
M kettle
Swedish volcano stove
Bushbuddy
Primus omnifuel
Primus micro rocket
Diy fan assisted woodgad stove
Frontier stove
Biolite stove
Hexy burner
Grilliput and fire pan
Briefcase type has stove

In otherwords "almost" too many.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
1 Trangia 27 with Spirit Burner and Gas Burner
1 Trangia 25
1 Swedish Army Trangia
1 Hobo Stove
2 Pocket Rocket Clones
Numerous Home made Beer can Burners
1 Camping Gaz Globe Trotter

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Evidently I got the scale of the poll totally wrong. We're suffering from some pretty serious "ceiling effects" in our data.

Or put another way - I underestimated the sheer scale of stove nuttery here on BCUK :)

Although I'm sure I created the poll with an option for zero stoves - where'd it go?

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Evidently I got the scale of the poll totally wrong. We're suffering from some pretty serious "ceiling effects" in our data.

Or put another way - I underestimated the sheer scale of stove nuttery here on BCUK :)

Although I'm sure I created the poll with an option for zero stoves - where'd it go?

lol, this is nothing, go and take a look on www.spiritburner.com for people who take their stoves seriously

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
Bushbuddy
Pocket stove Ti
Emberlit Ti
Trangia 25 (I think, the bigger one)
Quite a few homemade pop can stoves
Vaseline tin meths stove
Jetboil (original one)
Primus Micron Ti

I use meths the most, usually with a wood burning stove

I feel a bit inadequate here...

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Gosh.
Mmmmm, Had;

Frontier stove,
Helsport Stove,
Frisport Oven
Honey Stove
Clickstand with trangia
Numerous Gas burners [Camping gaz etc]
Yukon firebox

At the moment Ive got
Primus Omnifuel
Home made meths 'white' stove
asda mini bbq type stove
Karrimor Titanium jobby

and TADA!!!!!! Awaiting delivery of the stove I've actually wanted for years

The Kni-co Packer Stove; [With the pipe, the damper, damper sleeve and spark arrestor]

:dancer: Cant wait to get my mitts on this thing. :D

packer.jpg

Last edited:

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
I've stopped counting, It must be alot as I've started to give some away to friends and family. I do try to use them once I've given them a quick once over. I found some in a box the other day and due to my poor memory, I'd forgoten about and brought identical ones to go in my collection. Still you can never have enough stoves, or lanterns, or tents, or rucsacks, or knives, or torches, or lighters, or air rifles, or air pistols etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
That's one of the problems that comes with an obsessive compulsive dissorder. I am just happy I haven't gone onto blow lamps yet!

Si

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Know what you mean Si, I was over at the lock up a couple of weeks ago and 'found' in a box four Primus No5's I'd forgotten all about.

crucible

Tenderfoot
May 14, 2011
vancouver bc canada
At last count- 12:

-Bush buddy stove
-Frontier Stove
-Coleman propane camp stove
- MSR Xg/k
-2X MSR Whisperlite Internationals
-MSR Whisperlite
-MSR Reactor
-Jetboil
-Markill Stormy alpine hanging stove
-Triangia alcohol stove
- USGI hex burner

Not too bad, considering that i've been doing this for over 25 years- I use the MSR stoves, Jetboil, and the Bushbuddy the most when travelling light-, and the Coleman propane camp stove and Frontier Stove when car camping and setting up hunting camps.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Know what you mean Si, I was over at the lock up a couple of weeks ago and 'found' in a box four Primus No5's I'd forgotten all about.

Some times it can be quite embarassing, my kids can't see the attraction of them so, I've trained the young nephew. He will take over my collection when I'm too old. A good few years yet though!

Si

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My lad likes a couple or three of my stoves but has no other interest in them hence me selling off a lot this last couple of years. Did you see the thread by Bryan over on CCS a couple of years ago about him selling the lot? As he is getting older he decided to enjoy the cash and got over five grand from his sales IIRC, a lovely fella, one of life's gentlemen.

The Survivor

Nomad
Feb 1, 2013
On Earth
I have two meths stoves (trangia and ex swiss army) and two hexi stoves (ex army esbit and a high gear one) and one hand made hobo stove, if that counts. If I had more space and more money, there would need to be an option for 100 plus!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE