How is your axe sheath?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Here's a few of mine:

vainahacha3-4+(Large).jpg

vainahacha3-2+(Large).jpg

vainahacha3-3+(Large).jpg

vainahacha2-1.jpg

vainahacha2-2.jpg

vainahacha2-3.jpg

LeatherWork-1.jpg

LeatherWork-2.jpg

Regards

Daniel

Last edited:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
the axes that I make usually get a leather mask of some description (the forms of which are pretty wel covered above I think), but the axes that I have in the workshop for myself and others to use rarelly get any clothing unless they come with them. I just never find the time to sit down and make dozens of sheathes to fit different shapes and sizes of axe :rolleyes:

As a consequence I have axes masked with socks, offcuts of cloth, strips of leather, rubber tubing, tape, cardboard and a couple that are kept from cutting by a ridiculous layer of rust! (the rust is on an axe I found behind my axe cupboard in the damp clay last week!)

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Some leatherwork I did for my trail hawk...

hawk010.jpg

I used double Sam Browne studs, which works well as if the strap stretches or breaks you can make a new one in minutes.
very nice martin, didnt no you dabled in leather work bud.
they look great.
take care.
lee.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I recently got a nice little hatchet off Big Lebowski so I thought that I would knock up a quick sheath. Got some scrap Veg Tanned at the local leather shop in Newcastle. Then I set about looking for some designs and as many of you will know there are lots to choose from. I decided on a little cover and here are the results, I have never worked with leather before(as you can tell) and was pleasantly surprised at the out come. At just over £1.50 you can't go wrong. I plan to put a retaining strap across the back. All adviceAxe 1.jpgAxe 2.jpgAxe 3.jpgAxe 4.jpg taken good & bad.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I must get down to this axe mask business.
At the last Sussex meet I had a fall whilst taking my axe back to where I was keeping my stuff, I was very lucky not to have cut myself as it was a large axe, I kept it at arms reach and took the fall and pain that came with it, some 3mm veg tan is what I hope to be ordering soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE