How do you cook your trout?

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
That trout is about big enough to stuff with a breadcrumb egg herb stuffing and roast in foil, it stays moist and is really delicious.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Oh nice. Do they stock the test then? I would have thought it was run by purists! Ive never fished a chalksteam. They all seem to be full of ranunculus.

[Mines obviously a stockie, as you can see by the wear on the tail. I think it was overwintered, or had trickled downstream from bolton abbeys stretch]

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I also enjoyed these.. pan fried in butter & oil :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice. Ive got a load of lures, and a decent rod, for fishing from rocks. Sorry, are they cod? No? How did you catch them?

I might try eating a grayling.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Nice. Ive got a load of lures, and a decent rod, for fishing from rocks. Sorry, are they cod? No? How did you catch them?

I might try eating a grayling.

Yes Dave.. a mixture of cod & codling.. shad lure fishing from a boat.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Nice. What could you catch off the rocks with lures in North Yorkshire? [I thought the sea bass was mainly a west coast thing.]

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Nice. What could you catch off the rocks with lures in North Yorkshire? [I thought the sea bass was mainly a west coast thing.]

Yes you get bass off the n/y coast.. but mainly mackerel and pollock and wrasse.. rock fishing.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
My fishing partner caught 14, I got two :(

Boiled this one, probably best way in wilderness, as you get the broth to drink, and you dont waste any of the meat. It just peels off the skeleton.
If you watch Lars monsen do it, he always boils his trout in a bucket.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE