How did you find BCUK?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Can't remember for the life of me, but this much I do know. The word "bushcraft" didn't feature in me finding it. I do believe, IIRC that I found the site first, then the forum.

I have not been persuaded by my contact with anyone here to "do" spoons.

Mek!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
SquirrelBoy said:
*just as a thought - would it be an idea to `advertise` the Community section a bit more on the main front page?

Just a thought :wink:

This is being addressed so it will not be an issue for much longer :wink:

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
As a Brit living in Egypt for the past 10 years, we spend a fair bit of time in the desert. In our quest for info. first found Equipped to Survive, then Knifeforums, then Bladeforums, then Ron & Karen's Survival.com (excellent!!) followed by British Blades and hence here... phewww!!!!
I suppose you could take this as my intro as it's my 1st post.
Hi folks!!

Rod

On a new journey
Intro'd to the site by Jamie @ Woodland Organics - dude :You_Rock_

I'd been in the woods for years & as we tend to be more solitary people had never met anyone else with the same passion for the subject till recently. Met folks on Survival School & ShadowHawk courses who have been nothing but positive about the forum.

Have been getting to know new folk and share ideas - which has been great for affirming my sanity!

cheers all :super:

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I've been here from the start :nana: , Tony was a student on one of the woodlore courses I taught on and it was down hill from there!!

Seriously though, I still think this is a tremendous site and I for one give it and Tony a :biggthump

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Well, I met some geezer at the Wilderness Gathering doing knife sharpening demo's, sat next to a stall enthusiastically selling very reasonably priced georgeous looking finnish knives. Got chatting to him about schools and courses and he handed me a card for BCUK.... logged on one lunch time at work about a month later, got banned about a week later...now i'm a MOD ? :?: . go figure

And Yeh, a big thanks to Tone, Ed, Adi and Kath for getting it and keeping it all together ! :super:

Cheers
Rich

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Tone, can you ban me as well? Then make me a mod :wink:

Where is the BCUK link on the Woodlore site ? :?:

Joe, i got a book last christmas and it told me the name of what i liked to do the most! (PM about lanyard)

Jake

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Moderating the forums @ Equipped. Doug and I noticed a disproportionate number of our members were from G.B. I believe Justin mentioned Bushcraft and I promptly forgot about it. When you have to read EVERY post for potential flames,spamms and vulgarities that does happen. I mean, we have a post going that has passed 77 replies and received 8000+ hit so far. So then one day I found the site. I hurried back to my own cyber turf and posted an announcement, drawing the wrath of a bruised brit ego who reminded me of his post. Now Justin is a mod in his own right and learning the Herculean tasks of diplomacy, enforcement and talking to people in outer Mongolia via P.M.s who can't log on and gee, what do you mean you can't figure out whats wrong from there? :nana: :nana: :nana:

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
I can't remember but i'm glad I found it, think It might have been a search for something on UK knife law ?

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Stumbled on it following a Google search for Bushcraft about a year ago. Enjoyed the articles and 200 degrees etc but only went onto the Community section last August. Now getting a bit addicted.....is there an antidote? Nah..don't bother..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE