How did I not know about tree kangaroos?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
....and how absurdly cute the babies are?

new-species-tree-kangaroo.jpg

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
That looks like a drop bear to me trying to lull you into a false sense of security pulling a cute face

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Apparently it has a euphoric effect on them (seriously). I like the thought of a stoned koala :)

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Not as cute as my new puppy say hello Betty. She's a cockapoo with a quarter drop bear
9618c6b064d3a2ff206de8d9eea44a51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Pay attention: For the most part, kangaroos "hop" because the pelvic girdle is locked.
However in the case of Krumholtz' Tree Kangaroo and a couple of others, they are free to climb as the back legs can work independently.

Side-hill Gougers, those that go left and those that go right are still a mystery.

if i remember correctly what i once read kangaroos originally climbed in trees before most of them evolved into the hopping species most folks know of (and which are tasty:D ) when the climate changed and australia turned from rainforests into savanna and desert country... . nowadays they're only found in the rainforests of nothern queensland and newguinea (several species)- unfortunately i never saw one myself (only very small amount of my time in god's own country was spent in FNQ ):puppy_dog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE