Hours Of Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How many hours of bushcraft per week?

• 2 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 hours

• 6 hours

• 14 hours

• 20 hours

• Other (please deepen)

• Total voters

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I don't get to spend as much time outdoors as I used to. Too much rain and runoff causing slides and floods and basically a very unstable landscape. When it dries out more, the outdoors awaits.

However, while being homebound, I am catching up on my knife weilding abilities (bushcraft and tactical), improving my different shapening skills, working on the different facets of arrow building, getting new strings on old bows, fine tuning our on hand gear, browsing for additions I'll eventually make to my gear, doing more reading of outdoors medicines and proceedures, helping wifey put together more comprehensive medical kits for packs as well as home and vehicle, studying up on orienteering and navigation, my outdoor cooking skills (BBQ :nana: ), taking time out to actually start reading through a few of the many threads here and on other sites that have interested me but I hadn't gotten to yet, reading up on nature photography, etc.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Hard one indeed. I look at BCUK during lunchbreak at work every day, or other Bushcraft related websites, I read books on plants, trees, knots etc or do some carving, sharpen tools. Teach Buchcraft, wilderness first aid, navigation twice a week to ATC, and run the D of E. And if I'm out with the dogs or just walking I'm constantly ID'ing plants or trees or looking them up in a field guide to learn new ones. Looking for tracks, runs and sign, watching birds, checking finghi, almost all my spare time is used for something to do with Bushcraft or studying/trying out new things practicing old ones, fire lighting or trying out new woods for bow drill. Unless I'm shopping at Asda I'm pretty much Bushcrafting, and even shopping I'm looking out for something I can use for my Bushcraft. I absolutley love it. The only TV I watch is the news and any programme on Wildlife, Nature, (Tribe at the Mo) or anything along those lines. :super:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE