Hours Of Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How many hours of bushcraft per week?

• 2 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 hours

• 6 hours

• 14 hours

• 20 hours

• Other (please deepen)

• Total voters

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

This is probably a tough one, but about how many hours of bushcraft do you do per week??? :wink: If you choose other, then please deepen.
Tell us about it! :D

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Hmm yes that is a tough one. It differs from week to week really but I try to spend all weekend doing it.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I have now voted 14 hours. That's about 2 hours per day, but in the weekends it's more. In everyday I have to do homework, butI'll do bushcraft anyway. :wink: :biggthump

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Hardly any to be honest... by the time I've finished work, got home and done all the evening things I have no time during the week... Other than that, I go rock climbing, This weekend i'm going to visit my parents in Wales, last weekend I was visiting my girlfriends dad in Norwich, the weekend after that i'm in france climbing... I have to fix all my computers at some point.

It is probably an average of 23 minutes and 12 seconds a week. But i'm not sad about it, I think an over polarised view of life can sometimes kill the excitement a bit. :)

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i spend on average about 14 hours a week while at work mostly and some more at the weekends with hobbit :wave:

Nightfall

Forager
Sep 2, 2004
Nothren Califorina
My time really changes often.I spend more time in the bush in the summer.Anywhere from 2 hours to 10 hours a day.Right now Im not getting out as much as I would like. Only on the weekends for a couple of hours.But, I'm also in school plus work. One of the classes that I am taking is mushrooms of the north coast.Its a 6 hour class and half of that time is in the woods.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
It depends again. If i go on an outing it would be 6-7 hours (never thought of it like this). but 2 hrs is average 'cos i can't every week.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
school during the week, work during the weekends. So i only go out in vacation periode's. But since i have to pay my bills too, i sometimes do extra work in the vacations. This summer vacation i worked 2,5 months, with very little days off. SO very little time for bushcraft. that why my skills are horrible.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Well before I started teaching wilderness skills I had another life...... now its all bushcraft...buashcraft... bushcraft.... either in the classroom, in the field..... at home doing lesson prep for classes.... most of my working and spare time seem to be taken up with it these days.... then in my spare time I moderate here.... I go away for a weekend with karen.... and where do we go... the BCUK meetup :yikes:
Far more than 20 hours a week

Ed

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
I voted for other simply because it varies. As young Bushman says how do you define time doing bushcraft? While out on my walks I am looking at planets spotting and tracking wildlive. If it's camp craft etc. then maybe once every two months thanks to the scouts and a couple off courses.

It's also on my mind alot whilst in work :wink:

James

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
jamesdevine said:
I voted for other simply because it varies. As young Bushman says how do you define time doing bushcraft?
It wasn't Young Bushman, but bothyman... :wink: Well anyway, this is up to you. But how many hours per week do you go out and do skills?? :wink: Something like that! :D

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
jamesdevine said:
While out on my walks I am looking at planets

"Chaqu'un a son gout", as they say and a darned good thing too if you ask me. Personally speaking, I just can't remember the last time I went out for a walk "looking at planets".

Burnt Ash

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
Its hard to give a specific time frame, for me anytime not spent at work is somehow connected to bushcraft, whether its out practicing,fixing gear, making new gear,etc. I would have to say that with the exception of earning a living , its what I am, so its what I do!!!.

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
I probably only spend 5 minuets a week doing bushcraft, I do try to spend up to 16 hours a week in the outdoors, doing what come naturally to someone that has spent a great deal of time living in the outdoors.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
I'm not sure how to answer this question...all depends on how you define bushcraft doesn't it...and no, I'm not asking that question again because we've already done that one to death...

Walking looking at plants, trees, trying to understand and learn about my environment, yes, when I can...I often walk to work and end up seeing all kinds of birds and plants on route that are gradually becoming familiar to me.

trying to start fires...not often...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE