Hot Air Balloon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
A number of years ago, we had a flight as part of Father-in-laws birthday celebration.

There were about ten people in the basket, so about half were strangers before the event, but you soon get to know one another.

It can vary from near unbearably hot to freezing cold in a heartbeat as the pilot opens the gas valve and the noise is beyond anything you've heard on the ground. The take off is quite serene but the landing a real lottery if the basket gets dragged or tips over.

Kinda one of those, "I did that!" things. Quite enjoyable, but I doubt I'll ever be able to afford to repeat the experience.

ATB

Ogri the trog

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
We had a fantastic flight, me aged sixty. Amazed me how the balloon lifted so many people. Added bonus was that the balloon actually took us over the village house we were about to move from so we saw the village from the air. Then over the Wiltshire Downs in the late afternoon sunshine, beautiful. Landing was interesting as we touched the ground and tipped over, as planned. Whole thing was a terrific adventure. It was fun even helping to folded up the balloon afterwards. Would go again but not done in Western Cornwall as it would not be amusing to float out over the sea.

SiWhite

Nomad
Apr 1, 2007
Deepest North Hampshire
We went on a balooning trip a year or so ago - bought by SWMBO for my birthday, and went on the trip on her birthday so it worked out well.

It was simply superb - it's worth waiting for a beautiful sparkling morning. We had to be there for about 0530hrs but well worth the effort.

Our pilot was sufficiently skilled to be able to brush the bottom of the basket along the tops of trees and even over the tops of crops in a field at one point.

It's absolutely silent most of the time, and no apparent wind as you travel with the wind.

Highly recommended.

DSC_5939 by Scgwhite, on Flickr

DSC_5949 by Scgwhite, on Flickr

DSC_5960 by Scgwhite, on Flickr

DSC_5975 by Scgwhite, on Flickr

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE