Hospital

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Been away in Hospital for the last 14 days via the blue light express taxi service.

Arriving temp of 41 degs

Jaundice.

Gall bladder infection and general shenanigans.

MANY MANY MANY thanks to ANY NHS staff who are members here , regardless of what ever role you serve within the organisation.

YOU are simply amazing people and the nations pride.

Last edited:

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Ooh, nasty! I’m glad to hear you’re on the mend. Some years back I had what I thought was a very long heart attack - even breathing in was incredible agony - but on arrival at A&E a scan proved I had a very large gallstone. After a 6 month wait, avoiding all fat in my diet, I had both the stone and the bladder (which it completely filled!) removed through a keyhole procedure. The NHS at that time were also brilliant and I’m happy to say I haven’t needed their help since.

Reactions: Toddy and TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ooh, nasty! I’m glad to hear you’re on the mend. Some years back I had what I thought was a very long heart attack - even breathing in was incredible agony - but on arrival at A&E a scan proved I had a very large gallstone. After a 6 month wait, avoiding all fat in my diet, I had both the stone and the bladder (which it completely filled!) removed through a keyhole procedure. The NHS at that time were also brilliant and I’m happy to say I haven’t needed their help since.

Pleased to hear it was a success for you - I've got the operation booked in for 17th of this month.

No idea how I've got such quick date for it but also not going to start questioning it.

Do you now have ANY issues since having your Gall Bladder removed? I always kinda think most thinks exist for a reason so i'm wondering there is any down sides to having it hauled out?

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Hope your feeling better and soon mended mate, I’am told it can be horrendously painful the gall bladder trouble.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hope your feeling better and soon mended mate, I’am told it can be horrendously painful the gall bladder trouble.

I've got a feeling all pain is a question of relativity.

If you think you've experienced the 'worst' - then that's your " 10 "............ until you then have a bout of " 11 " which redefines your personal rating. :)

Reactions: CLEM and bobnewboy

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I hope you make a speedy recovery. My dad had his gallbladder removed at the beginning of this year and apart from a long recovery (he is 87) he seems to be doing ok with no related problems.
Hope the surgery goes well and take care.
Andy

Sent from Somerset using magic

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Pleased to hear it was a success for you - I've got the operation booked in for 17th of this month.

No idea how I've got such quick date for it but also not going to start questioning it.

Do you now have ANY issues since having your Gall Bladder removed? I always kinda think most thinks exist for a reason so i'm wondering there is any down sides to having it hauled out?
Good luck with your procedure. It sounds like you were lucky with your dates. I’m sure you will be fine.

In my case I was advised that almost all keyhole gall bladder removals go directly to plan, but in the occasional case the surgery needs to revert to the bigger old-style operation with the longer consequent recovery and larger scar. That is quite unusual though. All I got were two tiny scars on my abdomen plus a bigger belly button - through which the unwanted bits are removed. I went in for the procedure in the morning and left the hospital in the afternoon to recover at home. I got a lift home from my better half. I was back at work a week later.

I’ve had no issues at all since my GB was removed. Well ok, perhaps fatty food goes through me a little quicker than it used to, as I understand that the body doesn’t break down fatty food as well without the GB in place. But nothing else.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Blimey mate, I thought you were getting a bit grouchy a few weeks ago, so it’s good to see you back and still grouchy :) All the best for the op.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry to hear that mate, sounds rough, but I'm glad that it's getting sorted quickly and you'll soon be you'll soon be coming through the other side of it.
2019 I had sepsis in my kidney (12mm kidney stone stuck in the Ureter) and blood poisoning from it, took me a year to recover, I'm sure yours will be a lot faster.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE