horseshoe knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JoeSmo

Jul 20, 2006
Melbourne, Florida
Here's a couple pics of a knife I forged over the summer. I went to a Boy Scout camp and signed up for a Mountain Man program. For $20 each, we were able to shoot .50 black powder muskets, set up primative animal traps and snares, forge a knife out a a horseshoe, tomahawk and knife throwing(those were also forged there), and we built a log raft and raced around the lake there. The director showed us other cool stuff. There was a log cabin built and two in progress we helped work on. There was also plenty of buckskin and rawhide on hand to make whatever. There were a few wolf pelts hanging in the cabin.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Sounds like you had a great time..... and what a fantastic oppertunity to try out some new skills. Good work on the knife by the way... the first of many maybe?

:D
Ed

JoeSmo

Jul 20, 2006
Melbourne, Florida
I do hope to make many more. I am interested in setting up a small forge in my backyard. Anyone know any good tutorials on the making of a forge? Any comments will be appreciated. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE