Honey! What a Surprise!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
The NHS have been using Manuka honey as a treatment for bed sores for years. I guess a little further research was needed to check its efficiency in dealing with MRSA.

On another bee related issue...

I just wen't to dismantle what I thought was an empty hive at the farm, fortune has it that a swarm has moved into it from somewhere and we now have an extra free colony. :)

However that took me by surprise, I wen't up just wearing shorts and a jumper and because its a rainy day the bees were grumpy and I've been stung at least ten times. Since bee venome contains a drug cocktail approximating benzodiazapiene I know feel a bit doped up.

i've got a heap of strimming to do and need to wait until my head clears, does anyone know how to speed this up?

(BOD: apologies if this is deemed thread hijackery)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Poor Locum, I hope you feel better soon. It may seem a crazy suggestion, but have you tried eating some honey? They used to give it to people who had fainted, I wonder if it would help your head clear!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Apparently, local honey is good for hay fever.

It seems to make sense, but I think you have to eat it all year round, not just when you feel it coming on.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
my heads clear now, the strimming is under way!

Bod: I just felt slightly drunk!

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
We used honey for certain types of wound for a time, but had to stop as there were issues with consistency in the sense that we couldn't guarantee the "standard" of the honey and it's constituants (in fact there wasn't a standard honey for medical use, IIRC there was later). I used icing sugar for a while with good results.
**please note, this was in a hospital, with a few safeguards*

wistuart

Jul 15, 2008
Scotland
Apparently, local honey is good for hay fever.

It seems to make sense, but I think you have to eat it all year round, not just when you feel it coming on.

My missus gave the local honey theory a try for the first time last year and the results have been amazing. She takes a spoonfull or two when the symptoms start to irritate her and is right as rain in about 10 minutes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE