Homemade billy can

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hatchet

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2012
New Zealand
Spandit: I'm 99.9% sure that it doesn't have a lining. I wanted to use a tinned food can, but every tin I opened had that white plastic lining. The inside of this tin is the same as the outside. :)

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Go for it, Hatchet. With a little thought you can make up a whole cookset (and numerous other things) from scrap materials, cans, containers etc.

AussieVic

Forager
Jan 24, 2011
Victoria, Australia
Is a tin coating harmful?

I'm actually trying to make a cup out of a smaller tin can, but I can't figure out to attach the handle. The wire is to stiff to go around it, should I poke to holes at the top for the wire? Like this: http://chestofbooks.com/crafts/popu...for-Boys-to-Do/images/Handle-on-a-Tin-Can.png

Well done on the billycan.

The mug in the picture looks fine, but you can wrap the wire at the top, the same as it is at the bottom. No need for any holes. Make sure the wire is tight so the tin won't fall through.

Consider making the handle quite "wide" so you can get a grip on it; and big enough for your hands too

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE