Hobo from a flask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

njc110381

Forager
Jun 17, 2008
Gloucester, UK
How weird is that! I just came in from making mine, from pretty much the exact same flask by the look of things! You've done a neater job of the cutting than I managed - I hacksawed mine. One minor difference though is that I removed the vacuum base to use as a lid when cooking, and the whole mug just slides inside the main body to keep everything together when it's packed away.

That makes me less likely to get burnt lips and I have a built in mug, but I'd say I've paid the price in the weight department. Yours will be a fair bit lighter I'd say. Either way yours looks good. I wish I'd seen it before I started cutting because I have a grinder too!

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Hi njc , I use my grinder quite a lot and the thin cutting blades are great for cutting thin metal like the flask , you can get them from screwfix or machine mart .

I have a insulated mug that dosen't have a handle and i think it might fit inside the pot , i will have to look it out to give it a try .

As mine is i can fit it all together with the trangia meths burner and the small meths bottle which all fits inside an old stuffsack .

Craig............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE