Hot Tents?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

philipb

Forager
Feb 20, 2016
wales
I just ordered a new tent. It is a OneTigris Solo Homestead TC Canvas ans it has a stove jack built in.

My only experience of a heated tent was using a small gas heater and we ended up with a lot of condensation. would you get the same with a wood stove?

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
As I checked this tab I currently have tabs open for the OneTigris Rock Fortress and the Northgaze!

There do seem a fair few reports of condensation issues, though the stove in combination with suitable ventilation should cut that down at least somewhat.

Reactions: philipb

philipb

Forager
Feb 20, 2016
wales
one fortress do sell a number of mesh inner tents that will fit inside a number of tents. I dont know if this would help with condensation. although unlike the tipi style tents if you put an inner in the homestead I dont think you have room for a stove,

My previous tent was a Oztent RV1 and that being a single skin tent also suffered some condensation issues. It is not a big problem if you have room to keep away from the walls when sleeping but you dont always have that luxury

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE