Hive upgrade kit for the honey stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
am i mistaken or is it just a base plate with the 2 sides and bag etc, or do you get a 2nd plate for the top so you could place a billy can on it?

Col

I wondered that as well Col, I think it's just the base plate bud

I think Bobs intentions are to use a pot big enough to span the whole gap.

I'm sure he could get some top plates knocked up though if there enough demand.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland

yeh, id go for that, i love my honey stove and this would allow me a giant cup of
tea in my giant billy can,

I think i will wait to see if he does a top plate then i will jump at it.

Col

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth

It crossed my mind too, I think I'll just use some tent pegs or similar through the top holes to hold the pot.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
good idea Andy, but i can see a "2010 HIVE SPECIAL EDITION - ONLY 20 EVER MADE - TITANIUM PLATE, GOLD PLATED DOOR, GOLD LEAF ENGRAVED HOLDER BAG, WITH SIGNED CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY ON THE HORIZON.

You know its only a matter of time, this guy seems to like to play with his invensions and upgrade them, which is great cause its such a good simple product in the first place....

And if bob wants to private message me with a free trial of the above listed hive mark 2 then go ahead.....lol

Col

Podcast Bob

No there isn't a top plate with it guys as I wanted to keep the cost realistic.

I was quoted for some grills or plates, but the price just kept going up beyond what I wanted an upgrade to be. In the video (when i do it) you will see, as mentioned above, that pegs will do the job to support most smaller pans.

That said, I am waiting for a shipment of small grills on legs from the US, which will be ideal to work with it, and the retail price is much more acceptable.

We are all being cost conscious currently and I didn't want to take the mick making it more expensive than it needed to be.

Hope that answers the thoughts.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Yes please. I have only had my honey for a couple of months but I have not used any of my other stoves since I got it. Love the idea of making it a bit bigger for a BBQ, as I tried it in the standard one and there were not quite enough coals in it to do what I wanted.

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
Please add me to the list Sandbag. I'm in unless the postage is very high. I wonder if the grill from one of those disposable BBQs could be cut, using the new base-plate as a template, to fit on the top?

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Please add me as well,

Thanks,

PREPER............. :)

And if there is ever a top plate I want one. goodjob

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I don't see the lack of a top plate as a problem - I find (on the standard size HS) that tent pegs are actually better than the top plate as it is easier to add more fuel through the top than through the door (but if someone wants to tell be I have been doing it all wrong I wll be glad to learn)

??will we need to get some new supersized tent pegs (even if we do I'd still like to have the upgrade kit please)

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
Ok below is everyone so far all 25 of you (blimey that was fast). Have i missed anyone ?
I asked about adding the honey stove to the GB but it is not possiable at this time sorry :(

TeeDee
Elines
Chris the Cat
andy the celt
Stuart69
Lab72 ?
Welshwhit
MikeE
Twodogs
beachlover (postage)
SimonM
rcs
greeneggcat
Angus Og
lostplanet (postage)
Northsky
Neumo
Thoth
Weirdfish
dave1942
PREPER
Twodogs
Gavmar
SCOMAN

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Ok below is everyone so far all 25 of you (blimey that was fast). Have i missed anyone ?
I asked about adding the honey stove to the GB but it is not possiable at this time sorry :(

QUOTE]

Well in that case ( and a bit short sighted of them IMO ) In the words of Duncan Bannatyne

" I'm Out!! ":)

One without the other is like a broken pencil.....
And you can't Give an Upgrade to Nothing.

Thanks anyway SandBag.!!!

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Have i missed anyone ?

Yup...

TeeDee
Elines
Chris the Cat
andy the celt
Stuart69
Lab72 ?
Welshwhit
MikeE
Twodogs
beachlover (postage)
SimonM
rcs
greeneggcat
Angus Og
lostplanet (postage)
Northsky
Neumo
Thoth
Weirdfish
dave1942
PREPER
Twodogs
Gavmar
SCOMAN
Mesquite (postage)

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor

QUOTE]

Well in that case ( and a bit short sighted of them IMO ) In the words of Duncan Bannatyne

" I'm Out!! ":)

One without the other is like a broken pencil.....
And you can't Give an Upgrade to Nothing.

Thanks anyway SandBag.!!!

Me too I am afraid!
I need a Honey stove first!!
Thanks fella.
Chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE