highlander storage tin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Do you want to know the exact measurements Of both tins ?

hahah its alright. i will grab one and if it doesnt fit ill beat you to death with it! ;) in the most friendly way possible of course. thanks for all your help mate! will certainly make my admin a bit smarter!

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
we always put everything inside the small mess tin
then lift the big one of to acces kit with small one flat underneath.

one was used for food and the other for washing and that...
we had to live of a water bottle of water a day for everything,drink,wash etc.

fully aware of all of that and thats what i do.... but be nice to carry one less mess tin and also have everything kept in something i can transfer as and when is needed!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Am I missing something

"its "messy" when everything falls out" put a rubber band around the two mess tins like many of us already do.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
Am I missing something

"its "messy" when everything falls out" put a rubber band around the two mess tins like many of us already do.

thats not what i was refering to. A lot of the time for work, we generally only take the one mess tin and its a bit of a faff taking everything out to cook with (rare as it is, generally just use bamboo pots) but i also want to store things in something that i can transfer to other bags from my webbing etc (as i said below)

at the end of the day, the question is, does the tin fit in the mess tin, that question has been answered. thanks.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The best solutions are always the simplest.
So true but so often ignored. I store stuff in zip lock bags in my mess tins, you can transfer them easy enough.

Truth be told, Trekkingnut just wants a new tin to play with,,,come on,,,be honest, nothing wrong in that ether lol.

trekkingnut

Settler
Jul 18, 2010
Wiltshire
So true but so often ignored. I store stuff in zip lock bags in my mess tins, you can transfer them easy enough.

Truth be told, Trekkingnut just wants a new tin to play with,,,come on,,,be honest, nothing wrong in that ether lol.

albeit that is a more helpful answer its still not what im after, everything sorta slots in as opposed to just lying in so if i put it in a zip lock, when i took it out, i wouldnt be able to get it back in if that makes sense.

tin will be fine! even if it is shiny.... ;)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
As I recall, the highlander tin is the same size as the small one, so no.
I use one as my "camp kitchen"
I fill it with stock cubes, spices, garlic paste, tomato puree a spatula, tongs, KFS tabasco and such
35mm film canisters are a perfect size for slotting into it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE